Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It’s easier to get big departures as August moves along and means drop.

It's still near the peak of warm season so standard deviations are still low. There's also a reason why the means drop too...harder to push 100F and better chances to get cold fronts through here.

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

AN forever

ATATT? For me anyway, this July was infinitely more enjoyable in the comfort department compared to last summer, if technically warmer on average. Dews were generally manageable besides a few torrid episodes. Now we get into the dog days and await big surf and the best ocean swimming of the year.

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

ATATT? For me anyway, this July was infinitely more enjoyable in the comfort department compared to last summer, if technically warmer on average. Dews were generally manageable besides a few torrid episodes. Now we get into the dog days and await big surf and the best ocean swimming of the year.

Roosters are crowing tomorrow, dry warm low humidity. Picture perfect, lots of those days in the next 15

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

It's still near the peak of warm season so standard deviations are still low. There's also a reason why the means drop too...harder to push 100F and better chances to get cold fronts through here.

But my point is on 8/25 a day of 86/68 has a departure of +6 which is 3 more vs 8/1.   It’s all about the timing because we’ve all seen 90s at the end of August.   

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

But my point is on 8/25 a day of 86/68 has a departure of +6 which is 3 more vs 8/1.   It’s all about the timing because we’ve all seen 90s at the end of August.   

I guess. It's a lot easier to pull 70s, or even 60s, up here too during the day. But yeah, if you're going to pull off 5 straight days of 93/70 in late August it'll do some damage.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lovely.  EEE risk now high for the area,  Enjoy the great outdoors at your own risk/peril.

https://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20190731/risk-of-potentially-deadly-eee-now-high-in-new-bedford-freetown-lakeville-amp-middleboro-state-dph-says

Now I yearn for that first hard freeze,

So instead of .0001 % the chance is now .0002%