Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

I found DIT

"Some hobbyists have been following Dorian practically since it formed about 800 miles southeast of Barbados on Aug. 24, when it was a nameless tropical depression. In the absence of a surefire track for the storm, some amateur forecasters are sharing misleading information online, sometimes by posting an especially severe model as if it were a definitive prediction. The pros have a nickname for the posters: social mediarologist. And they can lead other viewers to then complain to local forecasters, many of whom see responding to their audience as part of their job description."

20 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

You need to post a few more jabs here or there. I find them secretly amusing. Just be kind to us coastal folk in the winter. 

Heh, I find the jabs flagrantly amusing, at least where they’re well deserved.  It’s really just a “When in Rome” thing, since that’s the way the place seems to work – especially in the off season.  The “discussion” thread has literally been the banter thread all summer as far as I can tell.  In the winter I do try to keep stuff in the NNE thread for the most part – poor PF typically takes on the mantle of being the main upslope delegate to the masses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Josh is on great Abaco. Looks like the eye is going  2  Go right over him this afternoon. Some awesome stadium effect videos incoming I bet. Hope he has lots of food and water he may be on that island for some time to come.

Jim Edds too, holy hell on earth 180 mph sustained winds with gusts 200. Basically a F3 tornado 

Screenshot_20190901-110344_Chrome.jpg