Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Of course, I’m in agreement there. But 4” of rain after a multiple week dry spell is not optimal either. Obviously, if you put so much effort into it, a custom irrigation system has to be part of any future projects. 

No not 4". Really could use 2", but it's fine. Problem with irrigation is that I have a water and sewer bill. So what goes in, you are also charged for what goes out. I'd have to get a separate well for irrigation, but that's thousands of dollars. 

I'm done being a baby. Onto Labor Day of pour. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No not 4". Really could use 2", but it's fine. Problem with irrigation is that I have a water and sewer bill. So what goes in, you are also charged for what goes out. I'd have to get a separate well for irrigation, but that's thousands of dollars. 

I'm done being a baby. Onto Labor Day of pour. 

Yea you’re better off letting nature do it’s thing then. Don’t worry, plenty of 34F rain coming this winter. Hang in there....

Once i made an adjustment on the tipper sensor on the weather station, I have been either spot on or up to a 0.02" difference consistently doing a comparison, This storm it was a 0.01" difference between my stratus gauge and the tipper on my weather station and that could just be the difference in the falling rates.

33 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

These PRE events are another one of the Fraud Five. They never produce as advertised in the 4 years or so I've been a board member. 

What’s as advertised?  Anyone truly think the NAM runs of 4-6” of rain was going to occur over that large of an area?  

The HRRR and high res models showed how narrow it was likely going... stripes of 2”+ about the width of a town mixed in with lesser amounts.  

Green is 1-2” and dark green is 2-4.5”.  

It’s not like it didn’t rain.  At least from the 50,000ft View.

87F1C192-4B21-4E09-BDED-01C8871E7D0E.thumb.jpeg.fd76ab1fc5cbec5dd746c71b3033d9f0.jpeg

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What’s as advertised?  Anyone truly think the NAM runs of 4-6” of rain was going to occur over that large of an area?  

The HRRR and high res models showed how narrow it was likely going... stripes of 2”+ about the width of a town mixed in with lesser amounts.  

Green is 1-2” and dark green is 2-4.5”.  

It’s not like it didn’t rain.  At least from the 50,000ft View.

87F1C192-4B21-4E09-BDED-01C8871E7D0E.thumb.jpeg.fd76ab1fc5cbec5dd746c71b3033d9f0.jpeg

Yeah, It was suppose to be a narrow ribbon, Made that comment a day or so back that there would be haves and have nots, Just the nature of the beast and it looked to favor eastern areas with an enhancement in precip with the interaction with the fropa moving thru the region.