Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Another sub 70 day. Stowe comes to Weymouth. 

Crazy it was almost 80 today here.  We hit at least 78F off the 42F min.

The 4pm Ob at MVL was 78/44 for 30% RH... poster child observation for COC.  

With the dews this afternoon the temps should plummet this evening as soon as the sun drops.

What a day. 5265B375-4EEB-4C77-BA76-6D9A048F9E23.jpeg.db349c2837026bf101855c54fd4c7e34.jpeg

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In for the win today. 74F here and pushing 80F at LEB. CAA from the NE seems to favor the coastal counties a bit more relative to average. My old stomping ground in Auburn, NH was 42F this morning. We would rad like crazy near Massabesic Lake when we'd decouple after NE flow.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy it was almost 80 today here.  We hit at least 78F off the 42F min.

The 4pm Ob at MVL was 78/44 for 30% RH... poster child observation for COC.  

With the dews this afternoon the temps should plummet this evening as soon as the sun drops.

80 would be nice. We had family over and beach was out of question. Go figure. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Winter is creeping in. There maybe an early snowfall this year. If so, I'd say by Oct. 10th-15th (a wee bit early). it's time to hang up summer and we go immediately into winter. I remember a little event in 2009? which dropped 3" in elevated S NH , Oct -15 or 16th, iirc.

There were actually two events in October 2009. One on the 15-16th like you recall and another two days later on the 18th...the latter is what produced that crazy Patriots/Titans game in the snow in October. Foxborough was in a great spot for that one...a little extra elevation helped them. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There were actually two events in October 2009. One on the 15-16th like you recall and another two days later on the 18th...the latter is what produced that crazy Patriots/Titans game in the snow in October. Foxborough was in a great spot for that one...a little extra elevation helped them. 

That was a fun one. No snow near 250' in SNH, but I was determined to find it. hiked to 520' , the same town, and found gigantic flakes and nearing 3". 

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you’ve totally flipped to a cool September from WAN.. lol. With mounting evidence today that the tropics and ridging are going to play a big role over next 30 days. 

Where did I say a cold September? I was referring to this nice cool shot. As far as mounting evidence, new weeklies trended cooler. I’m ready for cooler weather. Doesn’t have to be 50s, but 70s and low dews are perfect. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Where did I say a cold September? I was referring to this nice cool shot. As far as mounting evidence, new weeklies trended cooler. I’m ready for cooler weather. Doesn’t have to be 50s, but 70s and low dews are perfect. 

You forget that some only forecast the weather they desire... so if you like the cool wx, you must be calling for it :lol:

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Great system . Went to weenie ridge for that 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

That was a fun one. No snow near 250' in SNH, but I was determined to find it. hiked to 520' , the same town, and found gigantic flakes and nearing 3". 

What town

I took  a drive yesterday thru the hill towns , starting on west side of MHT. Had my ski tracks app on for elevation use .

looked like west side of MHT there is a nice ridge area about 800-820 feet ...beauty view of city from there ...maybe it’s just out side city limits . Found a couple streets in N Hollis around 800’ as well. Envious lol 

went thru New Boston all the way North and into Dunbarton, Weare and all the way to 2k in Washington. Love elevations especially in fall and spring storms .92 Nor’easter in December was best upslope Nor’easter Ever.