Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

On 8/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, Bostonseminole said:

I see august as + 2 max.. seasonable first 10 days.. BN mid month and then a final torch late in the month

looks like I''ll end up close to my +2 call in BOS at least, less in other areas in SNE.. early look at September I don't see more than +1 departures but need to look closer.

59 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I hope we don't have to listen to you wish for rains to the canadian border all winter. Might have to use the mute option

What's the difference? the winter weenies crapped all over the summer threads with generally incorrect posts about faux cool downs that never arrived. July was a brutal example. There is no difference except the preference of sensible weather. Much like its okay to root for destructive storms in winter, but one post about tornado or hurricane excitement and you're an evil human being. Hipocrisy.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

What's the difference? the winter weenies crapped all over the summer threads with generally incorrect posts about faux cool downs that never arrived. July was a brutal example. There is no difference except the preference of sensible weather. Much like its okay to root for destructive storms in winter, but one post about tornado or hurricane excitement and you're an evil human being. Hipocrisy.

Big difference. My comment had nothing to do (dew) with frcsting and who's right or wrong. When people root for rn in winter, I (and others) that like to play outside (ski, snowmobile, etc)  as well as the industries and businesses that benefit from such appreciate the snowy/cold winters. You  may have some support here during the summer for HHH, but you're in the minority if all you want is brown and warmth during the winter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

just july..

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I like the look of the EC ensembles toward the 2nd week of September. Looks pretty nice. We'll see if that sticks. 

Oh I have no doubt we book end this season with an Octo cold snap .... seems to be a recurring theme since 2000... 

Lot of Pre 'ween days with grapple/snow mixed and virga-exploded CAA CU ...too many to be an accident.   

My hypothesis is that the Pac is favoring the AB phase since - few reasons why, but it's attributing - I think - to unusual early cold snaps...  The foot print of that potential probably starts with extended "crisp" looks in September.  

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh I have no doubt we book end this season with an Octo cold snap .... seems to be a recurring theme since 2000... 

Lot of Pre 'ween days with grapple/snow mixed and virga-exploded CAA CU ...too many to be an accident.   

My hypothesis is that the Pac is is favoring the AB phase since - few reasons why, but it's attributing - I think - to unusual early cold snaps...  The foot print of that potential probably starts with extended "crisp" looks in September.  

12z Euro OP bringing the warmth though. 

18 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Big difference. My comment had nothing to do (dew) with frcsting and who's right or wrong. When people root for rn in winter, I (and others) that like to play outside (ski, snowmobile, etc)  as well as the industries and businesses that benefit from such appreciate the snowy/cold winters. You  may have some support here during the summer for HHH, but you're in the minority if all you want is brown and warmth during the winter. 

I don't disagree, mountains should have snow and cold, that is the case most years except the occasional true ratter. We (SNE metros) are hit or miss, when even average snowfall winters can be pretty poor in retrospect.  I'd take 50's all winter and Stowe can have their 350", it's not black (brown) or white.

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What are the odds Dr Dews makes it thru Winter onthis board?  Unless he has a lobotomy 

He’s been banned before...and now has come back as a new persona.  Hopefully doesn’t make the same mistake but he’s entitled to his opinion/preferences as much as we all are on here.

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

We joke about it but I have seen some trees changing that seem to be more than just the usual stressed ones.  Nothing major and not widespread but I do notice it.

I second this....even down here there seems to be more than normal and not the "half dead" ones either. The healthy sugar maple at the edge of my property is no longer dark green, noticed it last week even.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gronk approved 69 for high. 

In for the win today. 74F here and pushing 80F at LEB. CAA from the NE seems to favor the coastal counties a bit more relative to average. My old stomping ground in Auburn, NH was 42F this morning. We would rad like crazy near Massabesic Lake when we'd decouple after NE flow.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You were 9 or 10 . Crazy 

lol... freshman at UVM in ‘03.  Pretty sure I found the forum crowd during December 5-6, 2003 storm.  

Ahh memories of Dec 2003, 50” at BTV that month including 2 storms 18”+ and a 10-inch thundersnow paste job.  My first winter month up north I was like huh, so this is what it’s like in Burlington?  No, not so much.