Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

On the flip side...I wonder how much of that orange shading north of the Pike would be yellow without the extra 1-2F anomalies at BDL, BOS, BED, etc. I haven't checked to see if ALB has been running warmer than normal too.

I was just wondering that exact same thing, but about NW VT.  Like, what if there were two bad reads up there bangin' out +5's over reality all the time. 

I wonder if the dependability of these particular temperature products are like the clowny snow maps - 

We need to divide this sub-forum into two again...  

One for those who disregard warm seasons.

One for those who disregard cold seasons.

Of course... that would never work, because the fun is the vitriol, and the vitriol has its origin because either side wants to ruin the preferential experience for other, simply because it is somehow an affront to them to witness other people's merriment when they are miserable.  haha... 

• Haha 1

Well... this morning was 45 at my place down in the good ole dependable cold hole of Nashoba Valley.  I gotta tell ya - man - climbing out of that valley after rad cooled overnights can be something. I've seen the temp pop 12 F just between my place in Ayer, and that interchange between Rt 2 and 190 N. 

The hill coming down out of Worcester on 290 E always maxes there. I've seen that be 16 F above my driveway temp..  As it was today, it 46 when I pulled out, and 57 on that hill.  

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol the never ending snowflake jokes on both sides. I wouldn't mind seeing a shit load of snowflakes early this year, one of those boom its winter mid Novie starts. No science in this, with a BN to normal  Winter Spring Summer in NNE most would think early onset of fall would follow. Amazing gradient from NNE to the MA

YearTDeptNRCC.png

We joke about it but I have seen some trees changing that seem to be more than just the usual stressed ones.  Nothing major and not widespread but I do notice it.

20 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Labor Day weekend has below 10c 850’s wire to wire on GFS 12z sat to 12z Monday and up to about 11.5 C by Tuesday 0z 

That hot Saturday idea seems to be in Jeopardy 

We Yore 

Both models have rain Sunday and Monday. You’ll get your cooler temps and rain. Enjoy I guess

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well... this morning was 45 at my place down in the good ole dependable cold hole of Nashoba Valley.  I gotta tell ya - man - climbing out of that valley after rad cooled overnights can be something. I've seen the temp pop 12 F just between my place in Ayer, and that interchange between Rt 2 and 190 N. 

The hill coming down out of Worcester on 290 E always maxes there. I've seen that be 16 F above my driveway temp..  As it was today, it 46 when I pulled out, and 57 on that hill.  

Bet it gets cold down at the Jackson ave exit at Devens where the river is.  Coldest spot i bet. 

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll take pretty oranges in the summer. Get after it. Some of you hiding from the sun and heat must have an albedo rivaling fresh snowpack. Tan up those glow sticks. 

It was a pretty awesome summer up here (after June) despite being in the greens. I'd rathr be near normal with tons of sun instead of the mank swampazz rains of last August despite the torch temps. July was just days and days of 80s and sun.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It was a pretty awesome summer up here (after June) despite being in the greens. I'd rathr be near normal with tons of sun instead of the mank swampazz rains of last August despite the torch temps. July was just days and days of 80s and sun.

Augdrought has been nice. July brought timely rains, but otherwise mucho sunno. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Some like to feel special like they live in this extreme weather spot that everyone else should be jealous of. You'd think his COOP equipment was at 1000ft and the valley thermo in a below sea level bowl.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS/IPS-228BF4B9-6130-4DFE-BA37-4C11781AF05F-wxc3.pdf

You'd think that someone from the supervising office would have reviewed one of these and told him not to include that.  They go to all the time and expense to install a set of equipment and then include data from non-QC'd instruments in the record?  I know it's a comment but it's still part of the record.  I know when I was a co-op observer that someone would look over my sheets and if they had questions, they would come back to me.  I'm just surprised that is not done.

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Geez 45 degree dewpoint Sunday at 12z. In ASH on GFS ahhhhhh

gfs prints less than .10 of rain for everyone Sat, Sunday, Monday 

Blizz is struggling bad , those strobe lights at electric blue are really effecting his comprehension skills. This is concern from a friend .

Did you look at the 00z runs? I’m guessing not . I’m doing great . Been a good couple of months forecasting . Just a bit to high on # of dew days