Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, White Rain said:

Spent some time in the White Mountains, Hit Flume Gorge, We stayed in Jefferson and headed to the top of the Mt. Washington on the cog railway for the first time, which was pretty fun actually even if it was crowded at the top.  It actually wasn't too bad up there, in and out of sun above the clouds and fog around 2pm with a temp in the 40s and light breeze - started to really clear out as we were leaving. I definitely recommend the front seats. 

Love the cog! And BTW for anyone interested we sell discounted tickets. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda bummed right now staring all of these upcoming 40s in the face and low sun angles. Not gonna lie...I kinda wish we were going in the other direction. There’s a little black spot on the sun today.

After Labor Day I’m all for it. However, September  looks mild. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

After Labor Day I’m all for it. However, September  looks mild. 

Nothing wrong with a warmish fall with cooler breaks before putting the hammer down on winter.  I remember one in the late 80s that featured little in terms of storms and you could drive from New Haven through half of Vermont and see foliage.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Nothing wrong with a warmish fall with cooler breaks before putting the hammer down on winter.  I remember one in the late 80s that featured little in terms of storms and you could drive from New Haven through half of Vermont and see foliage.

70s and low humidity is fine.  But warm Septembers that are humid with lots of 80s get old. 

5 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Nothing wrong with a warmish fall with cooler breaks before putting the hammer down on winter.  I remember one in the late 80s that featured little in terms of storms and you could drive from New Haven through half of Vermont and see foliage.

Hasn’t happened for more than intermittent periods since 2013-14.  2014-15 brought the snow and intense cold but December was a joke.

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda bummed right now staring all of these upcoming 40s in the face and low sun angles. Not gonna lie...I kinda wish we were going in the other direction. There’s a little black spot on the sun today.

Man everyone has grown up... so many that a decade ago would be looking forward to watching advancing ice in the arctic are now bummed about low sun angles.  Jerry starting his cryosphere threads back on WWBB and EUSWX and now he’s thinking of moving to sunnier spots and misses walking in 90/72 afternoon.

We all seem to need sunlight more than we did a decade ago.  Guess we need all the help we need to avoid depression in this new world lol.