• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

I’m with DIT though on minimizing the amount of 40-60F type days in spring and fall.... high of 52F with a low of 28F...no real use for that.  Same in spring.  Go straight from high of 70F to high of 35F...and vice versa.  

Last fall was fantastic.  It started snowing in like mid-October and never really looked back as November was a straight winter month with constant snowpack starting Nov 11 at home.  Avoiding the brown November days is clutch...bring on the snow early and keep it.  The brown days of November with highs of 48F are pretty ugly.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. I’m obviously well aware of how our climo is,  but boy it can be grueling if winter sucks. Just keep it semi interesting. 

Yeah need something to track.  Nothing worse than a January rainer that ends and you know there’s nothing out there for 2+ weeks to really track.

I think the loss of light and the pace of life change is the bummer. Work is lighter, life slower and people generally more relaxed in the   Summer. September brings school buses, early mornings, more demanding work and a return to real accountability in life. Summer is fleeting. Fall weather is great though often and I enjoy the colors, the foods, the sports. It’s just that summer makes you a kid again. Snowstorms do that too, that’s why we cherish them. They have a similar effect of slowing life down. 

• Like 1

I love that take.... September brings a return to accountability in life.  That oddly sums it up.  

Summer is like “I should work on this work project, but there’s a BBQ at a friends so it can wait. I’ll probably just go home at 2pm.  And I might as well take tomorrow morning off too.”   Then autumn is like “Money making season is coming up (winter ski season), dial it in and get your shit together because once this train starts in Nov, it won’t stop till late April.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Upper 40s for some by morning

58F up this way as I finish my walk with the dog.  

Looks like even in Woodstock, CT at 800ft it’s already 63F per my folks.

Dog walk photo... views could be worse around these parts.  A little bit of autumn vibe now that the sunsets south of Mansfield.  6 weeks ago it set north of Mansfield on this view.

e1rHW0Q.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Now these evenings are nice. Still shorts  and flops for now. 

That's what I try to tell DIT all mid-summer when he says 70F at 8pm is hoodie weather when SNE is still 80+F. 

Heck BOS is still 77/50 at 8pm.  But I bet that north wind and dews of 50F feels different than an evening of 77/75 with the same temp.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's what I try to tell DIT all mid-summer when he says 70F at 8pm is hoodie weather when SNE is still 80+F. 

Heck BOS is still 77/50 at 8pm.  But I bet that north wind and dews of 50F feels different than an evening of 77/75 with the same temp.

Yeah feels good. No complains here. Still clouds and cold advecting but Saturday and Sunday night should be cool.