Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So sad when summer leaves us.  And we wait realistically until December for real snow chances.   Fall is so useless to me.  Fading light, everything faster paced, no chance of real snow.

Working outside, I feel the opposite. Summer is a grind and unless you have copious amounts of vacation time, it drains you. I’m ready for the cooler weather and change of pace 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Only on here can you give Scooter props yet he’s second guessing whether it’s a subliminal punch shot or not. What have you folks done to the poor guy over these years?

I just got up from working an overnight shift and wasn’t sure what you meant lol. That’s all. We warn. 

Finally dews in 50s. 

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So sad when summer leaves us.  And we wait realistically until December for real snow chances.   Fall is so useless to me.  Fading light, everything faster paced, no chance of real snow.

I feel that way with spring (mud season), But fall i have a lot of activities that i enjoy, Hunting season is the main one.

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Anticipation of winter... but what’s wrong with two months of nice weather in the 60s and 70s?  Fall weather can be amazing with weeks of sunshine and mild temps.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Anticipation of winter... but what’s wrong with two months of nice weather in the 60s and 70s?  Fall weather can be amazing with weeks of sunshine and mild temps.

Says the guy that sees October dumpage at work lol

its like Oprah telling fat women they can eat bread...sorta maybe lol

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It is sad when summer finally departs but I never understood your disdain for fall. To each his own though.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Lots of things ending in fall, but crisp clear mild days with technicolor forests make it very pleasant for me, even as I scramble to get all my firewood stacked and/or under shelter.  Then, as Jeff noted, there's the late fall chase to fill the freezer.  (And that's after the early fall bump in fishing action.) 

• Like 3

I'm with Jerry. I can do without the repetitive 90/70 days, but I've grown to love my warm season and wish the growing season was longer. Fall can be great for some outdoor projects with lingering warm days and low sun, but I don't have a lot of excitement about ditching the shorts and sandals and starting up the furnace. I feel like spring just started yet here we are perusing fall decorations at Lowes. I still like me some snow and cold, but I find myself wishing away winter instead of summer now whereas 10+ years ago it was the other way around. Maybe if our spring weren't a horror show my thinking would be different...but the cold season is just so long up here. idk how Nick can do it up in St. J's, but more power to him.

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It is sad when summer finally departs but I never understood your disdain for fall. To each his own though.

I do agree about how life’s pace picks up in fall.    Not my favorite thing.  At least for me and my family for now. Summer is da bomb.  I do enjoy crisp air and no bugs.  But could do without the mad scramble 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm with Jerry. I can do without the repetitive 90/70 days, but I've grown to love my warm season and wish the growing season was longer. Fall can be great for some outdoor projects with lingering warm days and low sun, but I don't have a lot of excitement about ditching the shorts and sandals and starting up the furnace. I feel like spring just started yet here we are perusing fall decorations at Lowes. I still like me some snow and cold, but I find myself wishing away winter instead of summer now whereas 10+ years ago it was the other way around. Maybe if our spring weren't a horror show my thinking would be different...but the cold season is just so long up here. idk how Nick can do it up in St. J's, but more power to him.

This was the first summer that I really enjoyed. If I didn’t work, I tried to hit the beach whether it’s fresh or salt. It was great. I enjoyed the warmth. So I’m sort of with you. I love snow, but it’s gonna be a tough cold season if winter blows lol. 

41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe he has friends up in Gander, and thinks he's in the banana belt in comparison.  ;)

As we all old we warm.. it happened to me.  It’s happening to others . It’s how seasons in season came to be 

While I no longer go ice fishing when it's down near zero (keeping my topwater traps ice free is part of the reason), for the most part I don't mind the cold all that much

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This was the first summer that I really enjoyed. If I didn’t work, I tried to hit the beach whether it’s fresh or salt. It was great. I enjoyed the warmth. So I’m sort of with you. I love snow, but it’s gonna be a tough cold season if winter blows lol. 

Winter definitely has a lot more suck potential because 38F rain sucks just so much.  If it doesn’t snow, winter is still dark and cold.  

Summer has a lot more potential to just be nice.  DIT May think it’s the end of the world, but a “cold” pattern is like highs in the 70s.  A hot pattern is 90s.  There’s a lot less variability in the summer....and it’s just more likely to be nice.  If winter weather doesn’t cooperate it can get very long.  

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still enjoy cold and snow,  but some on here really seem to run and hide during summer. After a couple of kids, it all changes. :lol:   

Ha, plenty of activities to do all year round. But at least we’ve got our skiing up here.  It really *always* gives you something to do in the winter.  

Summer is all about hiking, swimming in the river pool, and playing golf.  

My biggest is the daylight... I want winter weather but have it light out at 9pm.  July 4th time frame I can still walk the dog outside with natural light at like close to 10pm.  In December I need a headlamp at 4:30pm.  That’s a big difference.  

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Winter definitely has a lot more suck potential because 38F rain sucks just so much.  If it doesn’t snow, winter is still dark and cold.  

Summer has a lot more potential to just be nice.  DIT May think it’s the end of the world, but a “cold” pattern is like highs in the 70s.  A hot pattern is 90s.  There’s a lot less variability in the summer....and it’s just more likely to be nice.  If winter weather doesn’t cooperate it can get very long.  

Yeah. I’m obviously well aware of how our climo is,  but boy it can be grueling if winter sucks. Just keep it semi interesting. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I think the loss of light mainly.  Once we get deeper into November I’m happy because we’re on the doorstep of winter and no one ever knows what truly awaits us.

• Like 1