Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d be ok if it was just the vision . But knowing what comes next is the worst. They say migraine sufferers are more susceptible to strokes

The correlation is actually specified as being those who begin experiencing aura -type Migraines later in life... 

They were clear in the studies ( I think the last I read was over at National Library of Medicine) that there was no significant correlation between strokes and those who were life long suffers - to which that sounds like you fit into this category. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pats are a mess. Always in the news for the wrong reasons...yet they are a dynasty. Unfortunately, that dynasty is fading. Cherish these last two seasons....fans. 

"Cherish these last two seasons"   ??   heh... kidding, right?   

Cherish the last 18 years...  

Also, ...meh... cocaine + NFL ... not sure that's as damnable as it is just exposed - 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

oh ..right okay

idk...whenever I see seasonal factors with ailments I immediately think it's something sun related...or lack thereof. We make a crap ton of vitamin D via the sun during the warm season, but levels can drop off pretty quickly once fall moves in.

https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/topics/migraine-and-headache/vitamin-d3-associated-with-reductions-in-migraine-days-among-migraineurs/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

idk...whenever I see seasonal factors with ailments I immediately think it's something sun related...or lack thereof. We make a crap ton of vitamin D via the sun during the warm season, but levels can drop off pretty quickly once fall moves in.

https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/topics/migraine-and-headache/vitamin-d3-associated-with-reductions-in-migraine-days-among-migraineurs/

I don’t take anything . Only thing I ever take would be migraine med or an occasional Tylenol. 

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've heard of the Vitamin D connection too ... 

Doesn't seem to correlate too well for me personally ...but, these Migraines seem to come in a variety pack -   

Kevin and I appear to have something similar... but Cut' was discussing something a while ago that either is a bit different, or his/her ability to describe it lended to a different impression... But, that's moot - we know that people can have auditory auras... touch, taste, olfactory ... General sensory auras are not even a prerequisite for migraine... some people have to get them diagnosed as non-aura migraines...  

My point being, with so many different expressions of that condition... there are equally as many varying apparent triggers.  Some folks it's light... Some folks its hormonal ( woman and menstruation ) ...hormones even in elderly dudes too.. Some it's dietary - I seem to fall more into that group. Regardless of time of year...  I can keep my frequency down with diet... But it's no cure... just down.  Something with me... if I purify my diet for an extended period... say a month's worth, I seem to be more prone/susceptible ... Such that one measly slip-up ...like sausage broth in a f'n cup of soup I had no idea and - pun intended - I'm blind-sided with a kaleidoscope session. 

I have a buddy that suffers these things...  we call 'em just that, "kaleidoscoping"   ... sittin' at work...bzzzt. Look down at the phone, buddy's name with the quoted string, "kaleidoscoping"  It's like a two man support group.  f suck ...