Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan’s got a beaut. 75-80 all weekend into early next week and you can see the dews and warmth coming back late next week and beyond. No 40’s, no furnaces turning on, no rainy misty weekend .. just a few days of normal despite some silly gfs posts

Keep fighting the good fight. Clinging onto whatever you can. I've been saying that Sun-Mon look is a bit overdone, but not by much...maybe 5F? 70s during the day and low/mid 50s at night for days. Maybe 945' won't even reach 70F on Sunday or even Monday? Enjoy the chamber.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

:lol:

I like how you ignore that it's mostly 70s/50s in that forecast and focus on the minority of the days with "dews".  It's been like that all summer.  Sure, higher Dp's will be back for a few days but it's not "and beyond". 

It's tough when you live in New England, but wish your climo was Marco Island in the summer. Last August was like a mini Marco...this year it was typical New England dews.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Keep fighting the good fight. Clinging onto whatever you can. I've been saying that Sun-Mon look is a bit overdone, but not by much...maybe 5F? 70s during the day and low/mid 50s at night for days. Maybe 945' won't even reach 70F on Sunday or even Monday? Enjoy the chamber.

75-80 both weekend days even in the hills. Outdoor soccer tourney. Looking forward to it. No rain and cold like folks were mentioning 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

75-80 both weekend days even in the hills. Outdoor soccer tourney. Looking forward to it. No rain and cold like folks were mentioning 

Good luck with upper 70s in the hills Sunday with onshore flow. Anyway, Euro stalls that front late next week so maybe we can moisten it up a bit and get some more rain/storms in here. Looks like the EPS slows it down too, but some members are more aggressive with getting the front through.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good luck with upper 70s in the hills Sunday with onshore flow. Anyway, Euro stalls that front late next week so maybe we can moisten it up a bit and get some more rain/storms in here. Looks like the EPS slows it down too, but some members are more aggressive with getting the front through.

I watch Ryans station pretty much every day, their 8 to 10 day changes daily.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Gibbs was saying yesterday he thinks the front never clears the NE and we just wet and humid all LD weekend, then Bermuda ridge backs up west and we furnace dews for awhile .

which is why I mentioned a few days ago how if you just changed a few things on Wills yore map he posted, you could see how things could change 

10 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Dendrite - I'm interested in those graphs/data as well, so thank you.  very resourceful site.

If you think about it the last 60 day departures in precip should translate to winter, lol lets neggie nao all winter long

60dPNormNRCC.png

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gibbs was saying yesterday he thinks the front never clears the NE and we just wet and humid all LD weekend, then Bermuda ridge backs up west and we furnace dews for awhile .

which is why I mentioned a few days ago how if you just changed a few things on Wills yore map he posted, you could see how things could change 

I hope he is wrong

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan’s got a beaut. 75-80 all weekend into early next week and you can see the dews and warmth coming back late next week and beyond. No 40’s, no furnaces turning on, no rainy misty weekend .. just a few days of normal despite some silly gfs posts 

Meh, 53F vs 49F or something for you, not much of a difference.  It’s overnight anyway.  No way you clear 75F on Sunday though.  In a couple months we won’t see another 10-day from Ryan posted until next May...can’t have folks think those highs of 45F are for everyone when the hills are upper 30s.

See it’s really no big deal but this is what dendrite mentioned the other day, just call a spade a spade.  If it’s a little cool for a day or two so be it.  Not worth fighting the idea so much.  Just like in January, a couple 45F days, it is what it is.  

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Meh, 53F vs 49F or something for you, not much of a difference.  No way you clear 75F on Sunday.  In a couple months we won’t see another 10-day from Ryan posted until next May...can’t have folks think those highs of 45F are for everyone when the hills are upper 30s.

See it’s really no big deal but this is what dendrite mentioned the other day, just call a spade a spade.  If it’s a little cool for a day or two so be it.  Not worth fighting the idea so much.  Just like in January, a couple 45F days, it is what it is.  

Yeah he’s not getting that warm. Maybe Saturday he gets low 70s or maybe even 75. 

EPS looks warm and humid to start Labor Day weekend and then front drops sometime Sunday or so. Obviously those details could change. 

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nope. I will be getting one for next season though.  The name is a bit deceiving though.  It does more to keep from radiating at night than boosting the solar gain from what I gather

Yeah, Been doing quite a bit of research, My oldest just bought a house with an in ground, 16'x32' with a 5.5' avg depth with a lot of shade because of a couple massive oaks, But he also has a solar grid on the roof to heat the pool, The problem is, It gets about 4 hrs of sunlight on the grid because of the trees which isn't enough to really heat the pool up past 78°F, But the nights are rather cool and he loses whatever he gains so yes, It looks like the solar blanket would at least let him retain the heat in the overnight so he may be able to get the pool temp up during the day with starting at a higher temp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Solar blankets work. My neighbor growing up had one. Keeps it from cooling. 

Yes, That's what i'm seeing, It also looks like if you don't use it during the day, Leaving the cover on, Does help some on heating but looks to protect your chlorine levels as well with not having the sun directly affecting the water surface.

• Like 1

My dad had one, but it was a PITA for him with tree debris falling on it and rolling it on and off daily. He just went for the propane heater and fires it up for a few hours before anyone is going to use it. They're a little pricey upfront though. I think it was $2700. The thing works awesome though.

• Like 1