• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

So next week looks like the flow becomes more SE again with high pressure overhead or just offshore. Front approaches from the west so depending on location, could be times of shwrs and storms, although my guess is best chance west. Doesn't seem overly hot. Probably 80s with moderate humidity. This weekend into early next week does look quite nice.  Early peak at Labor Day looks fairly warm, but again front nearby. If it's just offshore it will be lower humidity again...but my guess for now is 75-85ish or so (depending on location) with maybe moderate humidity. Things certainly could change as we get closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah my guess is more 70 dews after this stretch. September easily can have them. Heck I've seen October do it.

You didnt mention ‘oppressive’ humidity which is 70+, so my bad. Even a 75/70 day in Sept or 70/70 in Oct with a lowering sun isn’t all that bad anyways. We stepping down, all that matters.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You didnt mention ‘oppressive’ humidity which is 70+, so my bad. Even a 75/70 day in Sept or Oct with a lowering sun isn’t all that bad anyways. We stepping down, all that matters.

It’s pretty humid when that happens and by then we’re not acclimated 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You didnt mention ‘oppressive’ humidity which is 70+, so my bad. Even a 75/70 day in Sept or Oct with a lowering sun isn’t all that bad anyways. We stepping down, all that matters.

I was just giving an overall picture. I don't see a huge signal for massive dews into Labor Day......doesn't mean it can't happen. Don't hold me to specifics lol.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was just giving an overall picture. I don't see a huge signal for massive dews into Labor Day......doesn't mean it can't happen. Don't hold me to specifics lol.

lol nah I don’t. Seasons are changing, endless summer is ending....I expect a typical wax and wane, bursts of torches into the first month of winter (Nov) is the new norm. 

68F and socked in at home. Breaking out into the sun at CON though.

0.42" in the tipper and 0.43" in the stratus.

Looks like a hot, dewy day today and then we dry it out for tomorrow. Then a late push for higher dews again Wednesday before we COC. Hopefully we get another big drink today.

.06" from dying Thunderstorm last night.

Last evening after dark sat out on my deck and watched the light-show to the SW.  Crickets chirping away, complaining of the coming fall, a couple of deer eating apples in our pasture near me and silence except for distant thunder.  Radarscope loaded on the phone.   Cells built nicely over Western NH and headed my way. Popcorn ready! Storms coming.  Crap, as they got to me they died.  Still a great warm, humid summer evening in rural NH.