Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

41 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Any idea what streets (or where in the city) those were?  I wonder if the Park theatre was Park ave.

Most of those are in Webster square. The old park theatre was also Webster square. That was by far the worst area hit over to Main St near and just south of downtown....and then over to southbridge st. Basically the areas closest to the blackstone river.  

Though ive seen pics of shrewsbury st totally flooded (where funky murphys is for those who don't know Worcester well). 

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

53-55.. those were some fun years 

Winters generally were pretty bad though.  My recollection is one really decent event in January of 1954-I was in 1st grade and I well remember the event. Then came March of 1956-a true all timer!

• Like 1

There’s definitely a decadal cycle to those dews and likely also a relationship to SSTs for the season. Likely a combo of both. We’ve had some warm SSTs offshore in recent summers. That definitely helps. The decadal cycle would speak to more of a long term deal like that graph shows where you have several years at a time with higher or lower dews on average.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There’s definitely a decadal cycle to those dews and likely also a relationship to SSTs for the season. Likely a combo of both. We’ve had some warm SSTs offshore in recent summers. That definitely helps. The decadal cycle would speak to more of a long term deal like that graph shows where you have several years at a time with higher or lower dews on average.

This is part of climate change . People think these repetitive dew summers we’ve had are a flash on the pan. This is the new normal . That’s not hype . It’s factual