Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was working up at the Heath Fair tonight (2000') and we had a nice line roll through around 7:30pm.  Not much in the way of cloud to ground  but heavy rain and good gusts.  It was really cool being up at that elevation and watching the rotation in the clouds right overhead.  Fun stuff!

I miss the Heath Fair.

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's still there...before warming back up again.  It's been doing this all summer.  We average AN but we get a break every once and a while.

20190818chart.png

It’s not close to what it was a few days ago. 564 thicknesses is pretty lame for a cool down. Downslope dandy day is well into 80s. But as I said, return flow off water will prolong cooler temps as it warms up aloft. So overall fairly pleasant.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s not close to what it was a few days ago. 564 thicknesses is pretty lame for a cool down. Downslope dandy day is well into 80s. But as I said, return flow off water will prolong cooler temps as it warms up aloft. So overall fairly pleasant.

Sure, but it's still cooler than the day before, hence a cool down for however short.  I don't base my expectations on what I could have had.  If that was the case I'm missing out on a lot of snow.  :lol:

• Haha 1