Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

4” would mean training. I’ll be happy to be wrong, but doesn’t seem like a training scenario?

I agree,  it's an intense line moving along.  Im 68/67 with a brisk east wind and 1300 foot overcast.  I would guess this will really weaken as it moves into NH.

We got about three inches in the Dorptown from a cell that developed and dumped right over us staying about stationary.  In about an hour.  My cellar hasn't had water in it for at least five years or so but I'm  mopping tonight.  Follow up line added some but probably not more than a half an inch or so.  For a while there it was raining  in all the windows on every side of the house before I  closed them.

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I agree,  it's an intense line moving along.  Im 68/67 with a brisk east wind and 1300 foot overcast.  I would guess this will really weaken as it moves into NH.

Looks like in Rutland County and CVT it has produced 0.5-1.5” type rainfall on a lot of the PWS.  That’s since midnight so I don’t know if they had any late last night.  

There is one 2.0” near Killington at elevation though.  

What you want to do is get soaked by the popcorn type cells ahead of the main line, to prime the pump.