Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

22 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It really doesn't affect anyone on the boards except Alex, Brian and me but radar looks a bit scary to the west.  Not looking for severe but could be a crap load of water this evening.  A quick 2-4" of water on flat SNE isn't the same as these steep slopes up here.  It's been a dry August so streams are running very low.  Will be interesting how this plays out this eve and even over the next few days till fropa

Bring it on. I put fresh chicken poop around my trees. Water it in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Watch us get an outrageous blowtorch around Labor Day...or better yet, right after. Students stuck to their seats

Another 2010?  Farmington's most recent 4-day heat wave came 8/31-9/3 that year.  Humid too.

Speaking of being stuck, the nearly 2/3 washtub under the eves held a breaststroking bat earlier today, probably was after some juicy bug just above the water last night.  Took it out carefully (for both of us) and placed it atop the canoe that's up on sawhorses, and 2 hr later it was gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

It really doesn't affect anyone on the boards except Alex, Brian and me but radar looks a bit scary to the west.  Not looking for severe but could be a crap load of water this evening.  A quick 2-4" of water on flat SNE isn't the same as these steep slopes up here.  It's been a dry August so streams are running very low.  Will be interesting how this plays out this eve and even over the next few days till fropa

That stuff in NY will have to slow down to get anywhere near 2-4” of rain.  The stuff training over eastern VT ahead of the line is helping there but still fairly isolated.  

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s right on par lat with IJD. If you wanted to say it’s Eastern CT.. ok.. but NE CT ‘tis not

How are you in NECT, if you want to say NCT ok by your reasoning.You are in the center 3rd of the state. FYI your spatial reasoning is lacking seriously.  If you think I am closer to the coast than Mass I don't know what to say. Just because I know you were drinking from the keg and skipping geography class there are 4 quadrants . Divide this by 4 and get back to me. Dots are our houses, well not exactly for you as I would not want to say exactly 

Screenshot_20190817-180619_Gallery.jpg

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah 4” not happening. But 1” could. Maybe 2.

Yeah for sure... 1-2” is always a threat for localized totals in convective season.  Don’t see anything in this set up though that would argue for a higher than normal risk of sustained heavy rates/training.