Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Your call of a slightly AN Augdewst for SNE in doo doo deeper than Ginx yard 

I know. Only +0.3F so far for ORH, but thankfully we bump that up the next few days and then cool down to place my call in the sweetspot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I know. Only +0.3F so far for ORH, but thankfully we bump that up the next few days and then cool down to place my call in the sweetspot.

There’s very little of a cooldown . Watch that modify each and every run going forward . And it’s hot again after any mild off. Lala lock that 

Whats BDL/ BDR/ PVD MTD?

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s very little of a cooldown . Watch that modify each and every run going forward . And it’s hot again after any mild off. Lala lock that 

Whats BDL/ BDR/ PVD MTD?

BDL +0.8

BDR +0.9

PVD +0.9

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whats BDL/ BDR/ PVD MTD?

If the Euro verifies it'll be a few nice days with lower dews and nice below normal nights in the rad pits.

BOS +1.4F**
PVD +0.9F
BDR +0.9F
BDL +0.8F
ORH +0.3F
CON -0.8F

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

If the Euro verifies it'll be a few nice days with lower dews and nice below normal nights in the rad pits.

BOS +1.4F**
PVD +0.9F
BDR +0.9F
BDL +0.8F
ORH +0.3F
CON -0.8F

Yeah his best hope is probably PVD since they don't really radiate and downslope torch on a NW flow. Maybe BDR too. BDL will put up some good negative lows next week and ORH will put up some good negative maxes. 

BOS is tossed until they fix it. 

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro coming in a little warmer than previous run. Looks like the GFS and Euro from the other day met near the middle.

I was mentioning/thinking the other day how this summers really been about having a suppressed -AO summer/jet really collocated around our latitude much of the way...

It's been making specific model performance perhaps increasingly error prone because of the 'unmanned fire hose ' metaphor. That core tropospheric conveyor shifts in the run and it yo-yos the panache into warmer(cooler) and the tide  and tempo of the posting goes right along with it.. haha.

It's funny how Scott and Will were poised and couldn't wait to lambaste Kevin for the impertinent jest ...and then new cycle Euro rolls out and he looks like a genius ... next run, trolling clown... and around and around we go.  But it's been doing it to me, all summer.. Just when I feel confident one way or the other... I get dealt reverses and I think the real issue is that we can't seem to really favor a trough or ridged east this year... It seems we're running the summer version of the unmanned loose hose thing -

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Kinda. I remember growing up with many freezes in mid September and lately it's been difficult to even get below 40F by then. My first freeze last year was 10/14.

Nothing new here.  My 2nd mildest minimum in 21 years came on 9/9/99, and exactly 3 years later tied my hottest max.  Both 2007 and 2017 had very warm (mid-upper 80s) and humid during 4th week of Sept.  Some of the most HHH wx we had while in Ft. Kent came in late August 1976 and 1977, and that inland site tends to show seasonal trends earlier than anyplace within 100 miles of the Atlantic. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are in SE quadrant of state. Unlucky break for 2% of the region 

How do you explain the mostly cloudy skies with showers earlier in Enfield, Somers and Stafford?  Are those three town in SE CT?  I'm glad I didn't wash my car only to have it rained on.

How's that oak tree doing?  If it's such a nice summer day, why are you out taking that down?  Why wait till the fall when it's cooler?

9 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

How do you explain the mostly cloudy skies with showers earlier in Enfield, Somers and Stafford?  Are those three town in SE CT?  I'm glad I didn't wash my car only to have it rained on.

How's that oak tree doing?  If it's such a nice summer day, why are you out taking that down?  Why wait till the fall when it's cooler?

Huh? The ones that were at daybreak ? Lol

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Riddle me how Moosup is in the NE corner of the state. Look where it is on that map. This should be good .

I don’t know how it’s in the SE corner of the state.  Might have to check some distances to see if it’s closer to Mass than the ocean.

It really doesn't affect anyone on the boards except Alex, Brian and me but radar looks a bit scary to the west.  Not looking for severe but could be a crap load of water this evening.  A quick 2-4" of water on flat SNE isn't the same as these steep slopes up here.  It's been a dry August so streams are running very low.  Will be interesting how this plays out this eve and even over the next few days till fropa

• Like 1