Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

68/66  Overcast

Matt Noyes is really honking about a possible flash flood potential up here in the Lakes Region for this evening.  His model shows up to 4" to fall.  Bullseye around Plymouth NH

I’m still mopping up from the 4” his so called model had for me last week. 

17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

68/66  Overcast

Matt Noyes is really honking about a possible flash flood potential up here in the Lakes Region for this evening.  His model shows up to 4" to fall.  Bullseye around Plymouth NH

GYX has posted a watch for the northern quarter of NH.  Stops at the Maine border.

25 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Thanks. I dont think the dew lovers here have any idea... how terrible it is to work in that..

I've spent a good amount of time in TX and LA in the past 20 years and it's great once you adjust to it. avoid mid-day strenuous activities and it's not bad, and find AC and a cold drink to cool down if you cannot avoid those activities

Had a feeling the NAM would do this...  It's been putting up T1 ( 980 mb level ) temperatures nearly static between 20 and 23 C at every interval, day or night... in a 570 + DAM air on a S/SW trajectory.  Both NYC and BOS ...  now, all at once, it goes torrid.  MOS may lag, but out of now where it has Logan's 980 mb temperature of 29 C at 18z Monday with a DP of about 76 ... It may in fact be too rich to allow the temp to maximize the adiabat because the 900 mb level temp is 23 C ... which is concomitant with an EML... In other words, shave 3 or 4 off that DP and you got a big heat day. The Euro's been flagging that day as a plausible nasty heat day.  Anyway, 33C 2-meter T with a mid 70s DP ...that may be right up there with other HI events this season ...  It's just one day - relax...

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely beautiful area from Old Saybrook to Stonington.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to live there in Summer and fall. The best coastal areas of CT by far

I would say most of the CT coast is pretty darn nice. Love the Guilford/Thimbles area too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

That looked like a pretty warm euro run to me. A few days near 90°, a few days of a cool down, and then right back to warmth. Almost September by the end of that run. The seasons are fleeting.

august is now an extension of july and september is what august used to be

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, forkyfork said:

august is now an extension of july and september is what august used to be

Kinda. I remember growing up with many freezes in mid September and lately it's been difficult to even get below 40F by then. My first freeze last year was 10/14.

image.png