Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some crazy close lightning strikes overnight.  Almost sounded like buzzing before the the world came crashing down on two separate occasions.  

Almost a half inch of rain in the stratus this morning though for a nice little drink.

Nice bright echoes passed about 20 miles to our north, just getting enough dz to make the woods wet w/o watering the garden.

It seems an 89-94-91 dodgy heat wave .... okay... but Euro yesterday actually did backed-off, where the day before the runs were blazing...

The Thursday/Friday trough incursion in this run is actually a subtly less amplified version of yesterday's 12z run.  That one had a deeper, early autumnal vibe to it... ( call it ), where this one is one of those 18 hours of low DP 78 F before it rolls out quickly...  That total run-to-run correction shoulda been expected for anyone with a modicum of awareness. The error-trend on-going behavior of the ECMWF over our quadrature of the hemisphere, does that...  Oh you can bet ... this will be a shimmering gallery of day eight artistry come winter, no doubt!

Digression: Folks are interested in weather it gets "hot" vs merely seasonally "warm and muggy" ...?  Which, either is above normal ( btw ) ...it's important to point that silliness out, because despite being "silly" ... folks seem surprised when we get to the end of these months and we're putting up +4.5's, without any heat waves - or heat of noteworthiness...

First and quite obviously so...heat waves are specifically only to afternoon phenomenon...?  11am to 4 or 5 ... 90 + .  That's "for three days" ...That ending turn of phrase really does the phenomenon a misnomer.  What if it's bone dry NW heat variety ... 94/50 ... might even be -1 at night to offset...  However, ...  having every single f'ing night be +10 while afternoons are muted by a toxic pal of theta-e choking low clouds or just sucking up thermal energy into elevated DPs in general...  that is a stealthy sort of way to attack climate averages.  People can get used to and tolerate 84/70 ... and not realize that a +2 afternoon and +13 overnight signifies the end of the g-damn world...  It's just outside their circumstantial awareness.  That's really what this summer's been about... like a head-game. I have clocked just two heat waves in this summer here in Ayer...  ( though to be fair, a few times where 91-88-92 may have occurred...) Mostly, like NWS sites, we've hold up lows from falling and I'm in a valley, too.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Dews are generally only as bad as your air circulation. 75F with calm winds...gag me. 75F with a nice breeze. Sign me up.

Can you please post a dew above chart for NOLA... I work outside in the telecom/cell phone industry and NOLA is where I am headed Sun night.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sun breaking out now. No rain at all this weekend in most of SNE. All action NW. Just a humid dry weekend . Wash vehicles, do lawns, swim etc in good faith !

Now in NECT and moving north. Guys and gals who just washed their vehicles,  started mowing throwing up in their hands in disgust.

Screenshot_20190817-121253_RadarScope.jpg