Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s not true. A lot of those I stay at or below freezing with zr and as it gets past my latitude I drop back into the 20’s. I can name numerous storms where that’s happened . That’s if it’s a Cape tracker. If it tracks over Ginx then yeah.. I’ll get to near 40 easily 

Yea I torch while you are below freezing all the time.  

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeeeeah... I'm not so sure.  I realize you say, "...wouldn't shock me" in jest and I get what you mean... but, the GFS has been yo-yooing ridge vs trough domination all summer long... Really been unusable along the 45th parallel in particular ...  Purely for my own observations, it seems it has been more accurate within the bowls of the subtropics, or safely above the westerly mean jet ( however nebular/summer defined).  Anything along that ~ midriff latitude around the girdle of the hemisphere ...it's seems it has been more variant at time range between D5 and 10...  I mean ( haha ) what are we caring.... "day 5 +"?  ... just sayn'

Successive runs causing whiplash.  I've especially noticed it on the 12z versions - H8s 19-20C on Day 8 one afternoon, 7-8C the next.  (And we're only about 20 miles south of the 45th.)

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Some of those early season events or ones with a retreating high aren’t  good for him. That’s what Will is referring to. His latitude will hurt in that.

Kevin was kind of spinning it too assuming I meant it had to be a cape tracker. I never even mentioned that. I just said, IJD is sneaky good in those CAD events to see when it's about to collapse for Kevin. Frequently he will go within an hour of IJD spiking 38 to 40. 

Whew is it humid out there in the SWly flow warm sector.

71/66... after so many low dew days this month, an evening with Td's creeping above 65F as the temp tries to drop feels tropical. 

You can see the boundary has lifted just north of Montreal, with decent SSW flow advecting the moist air up through the NNE mtns.

SE of the mountains hanging on to that drier air from the Maine coastal plain down to the Mass Pike.  ORH still bouncing around at 59-61 dews.

dewp.ne-large.png

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Whew is it humid out there in the SWly flow warm sector.

71/66... after so many low dew days this month, an evening with Td's creeping above 65F as the temp tries to drop feels tropical. 

You can see the boundary has lifted just north of Montreal, with decent SSW flow advecting the moist air up through the NNE mtns.

SE of the mountains hanging on to that drier air from the Maine coastal plain down to the Mass Pike.  ORH still bouncing around at 59-61 dews.

dewp.ne-large.png

ORH dews notoriously too low. ASOS documented issues 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

ORH dews notoriously too low. ASOS documented issues 

Documented?  It doesn't look out of place this evening if you look at the graphic posted.

ORH just shot up to 65F at 9pm and it was in-line with other obs from FIT, AFN, etc that were also in the upper 50s at times late this afternoon into early evening.

Even torchy CEF only has a dew of 61F at 9pm.  It was definitely a bit drier down there than up this way.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Documented?  It doesn't look out of place this evening if you look at the graphic posted.

ORH just shot up to 65F at 9pm and it was in-line with other obs from FIT, AFN, etc that were also in the upper 50s at times late this afternoon into early evening.

Even torchy CEF only has a dew of 61F at 9pm.  It was definitely a bit drier down there than up this way.

Lol he just made it up.