• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Going to start a new game. It's called "Sounding Fun for Everyone". You post a super fun sounding and explain what you like about it. There are a few things to note, however, since this is fun, there are instances where certain processes are yielding erroneous data...could be some with CAPE, wind shear, hodograph, funky skew-t, so just as a little head up to not take something like that at face value.

I'll start. This is around Kansas City at 6z. I like the INSANE hodograph

2019081512_NAM_018_39.43,-94.38_severe_m 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Going to start a new game. It's called "Sounding Fun for Everyone". You post a super fun sounding and explain what you like about it. There are a few things to note, however, since this is fun, there are instances where certain processes are yielding erroneous data...could be some with CAPE, wind shear, hodograph, funky skew-t, so just as a little head up to not take something like that at face value.

bunsb.jpg.fd0972101b2d771df0b03c69414a4958.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The sites chosen and agreed upon were TOL and FMH , not arid tarmacs 

Actually, there was no agreement because you chose the two places that would have the highest Dp's in the state.  

For the record, IJD has 4, BDL and HFD have 2 each.  In the past you'd cite BDL quicker than a fly on Ginxy's backyard dog poo as the "hottest" month ever but for some reason you need to spin it to the most humid places to verify.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Good idea for a WC show. Much better than Highway Thru Hell.... Wiz's Soundings.....

KC has great BBQ!

48 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

In the past you'd cite BDL quicker than a fly on Ginxy's backyard dog poo as the "hottest" month ever but for some reason you need to spin it to the most humid places to verify.

He actually explained it a while back, pointing out that his neighbors (I believe he focused on those with the last name of “Jones”) make fun of him if his meteorological parameter pimping doesn’t focus on the most extreme locales.  It was very weird, but something like that.

58 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

73/61F  Perfect for me  

Wagons north for rain it seems.  Euro gives me an inch by Sat night on the other hand .30".   Euro is dry for Sunday GFS is wet.  Between warm fronts and cold fronts it will be hard to miss something

Keep it over nrn Greens and whites. 

• Haha 1