Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

12z Euro comes back to Earth a bit on the heat ... what'dya know...

Still a warm vibe out there tho.  Probably more like a lot of lofty nocturnals again ... pressing dailies to exotic levels that lie.   Persistent 88 to 93ers over top.  The GEFs mean is warmer than it's consummate ridge-grinder happy operational, while the EPS mean was less than then 'skip the first five chapters of GW ... and go right to death in the streets heat' dystopian novel of the Euro..

But you know ... at my age... I've come to find February and Augusts share a temporal relative state in common - namely... regardless of either... if you're sick of its season... you blink twice and take a deep breath and its over.   Invariably these days ... well, years actually, I find my internal monologue going,  "..that was just so hot(cold) five weeks ago...?! wow"

Regardless of the circadian dimming of middle-aged time awareness ... logistically, summer is over faster than it took to get this far... Just like that statement drives Steve to rage if one dares make the impertinent ( and reality based) jest the same way in February.  This is like that moment around 2:12 am at a 20something party ... and two couples left, one of which had the really hot chick, even though there's still energy in the room -

Wut? Only time I rage about weather is when the surf flattens out as I arrive. March is my favorite winter month for skiing. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Back up north, temperatures about the same in NE CT as in Stowe but dews 10F lower....definitely can feel that difference.  

Amazing how much influence the dew point has on the overall feel outside.

High of 77F but going to cool off quickly here as the sun goes down.  

We glad you visited. But, we also glad we live here with dew of 67. Summer in summer 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Amazing how much daylight we’ve lost. Back to pitch black morning runs and dark before 8:00 PM.  The darker it gets.. the warmer it gets 

Yeah it sucks. When I get out of the shower I have to turn a light on in my room so I can see. 

Some pretty dense fog the past few mornings too 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah it sucks. When I get out of the shower I have to turn a light on in my room so I can see. 

Some pretty dense fog the past few mornings too 

Amazing that you can find the bathroom in the first place....if it’s that dark one would consider turning the light on before showering. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Amazing that you can find the bathroom in the first place....if it’s that dark one would consider turning the light on before showering. 

The bathroom is right around the corner from my room. I get all my clothes ready the night before and there is a nightlight in the bathroom. 

But with it being bright in the bathroom and then walking out it's a sharp adjustment for the eye and I do more after the shower then I do before...put dirty clothes in the hamper, put on cologne, put on shoes, unplug my phone from the charger, grab my jacket and keys, and leave. 

I also saw a spider in between the shower curtains this morning which freaked me out. Several days ago there was a GIANT daddy long-leg in the shower...GIANT. I kept one eye open the entire shower...not sure where he went but haven't seen him since. 

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The bathroom is right around the corner from my room. I get all my clothes ready the night before and there is a nightlight in the bathroom. 

But with it being bright in the bathroom and then walking out it's a sharp adjustment for the eye and I do more after the shower then I do before...put dirty clothes in the hamper, put on cologne, put on shoes, unplug my phone from the charger, grab my jacket and keys, and leave. 

I also saw a spider in between the shower curtains this morning which freaked me out. Several days ago there was a GIANT daddy long-leg in the shower...GIANT. I kept one eye open the entire shower...not sure where he went but haven't seen him since. 

You forget to put on deodorant, I’ll send you morning reminders from now on. We want you smelling fresh when the ladies holla at ya.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Nice torch incoming. Euro drops a potent cold front through the middle of next week. A few days of 20C 850s before that though.

The nice thing is that we're getting into that phase of summer when the sun doesn't feel nearly as hot on torch days. In June and July it just feels like the sun is hitting you over the head, but it's starting to lose that bite now. I really don't mind heat waves from late August on for that reason. 

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

You know daddy long legs can't even bite you right? They do have one of the more potent toxins in the animal kingdom apparently, but their mandible can't break human skin.

But if one crawls up Wiz’s hiney it could be trouble.....big trouble.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hoth said:

You know daddy long legs can't even bite you right? They do have one of the more potent toxins in the animal kingdom apparently, but their mandible can't break human skin.

Thankfully they can't. 

They just freak me out. I have really bad arachnophobia (although it's gotten a bit better over the years) but it's pretty bad and I'll get panic attacks. When I was working outside the other day there was a giant spider crawling up the side of the house I was power washing. Later on I was doing something and I sort of felt something fall on me and I look over my left shoulder and there was a spider on my shirt...no clue what kind it was but I freaked out and took my shirt off and ran around.

IDK what it is but I'll legit start shaking if either a spider is on me or I think about one crawling on me.  

• Haha 1