Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My dad got a heater for their inground pool. Raises it about 3F/hr...runs on propane. Had it up to a toasty 85F last Friday. It felt nice.

Need to bring it up to hot tub temp...101F is perfect. 102 you get a little sweat building and at 103...sweat dripping down your face. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My dad got a heater for their inground pool. Raises it about 3F/hr...runs on propane. Had it up to a toasty 85F last Friday. It felt nice.

My oldest boy just moved into a new home with his wife and it has an in ground pool with a solar heater on the roof, Doesn't get alot of sun though as the trees on the property are 40-50 yr old Oak, Maples and Ash so we have been messing with the setting to maximize the heat then dump it in the pool, Hes going to need a solar blanket for night time though to hold in the heat, It was 75°F in the pool last friday when they moved in and now its 67°F.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

The last two winters have been brutal with the cold. I wouldn't mind a winter without the cold outbreaks. 

Whether it's location or perception, I wouldn't call 18-19 brutally cold.  Thanksgiving Day, yes: 27° BN with strong winds.  I'd include the Jan 19-20 storm as well, windblown IP at -2 isn't especially comfortable.  Beyond those, the bottom of winter was meh, with nothing remotely comparable to the 10 post-Christmas days of arctic blast in 17-18.  Met winters of 13-14 and 14-15 were substantially colder than either 17-18 or 18-19.

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Whether it's location or perception, I wouldn't call 18-19 brutally cold.  Thanksgiving Day, yes: 27° BN with strong winds.  I'd include the Jan 19-20 storm as well, windblown IP at -2 isn't especially comfortable.  Beyond those, the bottom of winter was meh, with nothing remotely comparable to the 10 post-Christmas days of arctic blast in 17-18.  Met winters of 13-14 and 14-15 were substantially colder than either 17-18 or 18-19.

I agree...I was referring to the cold snaps as opposed to the winter as a whole. that 10 day stretch two winters ago was HORRIFIC. flying to ORD out of BDL at 5 AM and it was -12 at BDL