Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, dendrite said:

Innuendo aside...they had a little camping weekend with the kids this past weekend in the backyard. Bad idea. Little Boy decided to start crowing at 430am and pretty much didn't stop until I went out to let him out at 6am. Next year try a campground.

LOL, lesson learned hopefully.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are some seasonal guys that think it torches through fall and into the start of winter. Hopefully they right. Would be nice to not burn oil with windows opened into the new year.

I've read that those warm waters in the Atlantic won't let lows go south of CT. Could be a problem come winter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You know what seems like happened is that ULL that was modeled to dig into NNE this week ended up over James Bay. Leaving SNE in warm , moist flow with 60’s dews and 70+ Friday onwards . 

It's not that warm of a weekend. Maybe MDT humidity and E winds. 

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are some seasonal guys that think it torches through fall and into the start of winter. Hopefully they right. Would be nice to not burn oil with windows opened into the new year.

The last two winters have been brutal with the cold. I wouldn't mind a winter without the cold outbreaks. 

I'm kinda torn on the winter...I could see it go either way. The unscientific side of me wants to think we'll see a predominately +NAO given the record setting -NAO we had this spring/summer (in terms of consecutive days being negative)

but the scientific side thinks we are going to deal with numerous cold outbreaks once again. 

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Innuendo aside...they had a little camping weekend with the kids this past weekend in the backyard. Bad idea. Little Boy decided to start crowing at 430am and pretty much didn't stop until I went to let him out at 6am. Next year try a campground.

My neighbors have chickens the roosters crow all the time,  when you grow up with the crowing its perfectly normal and background noise. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are in a dry pattern rain wise. Won’t be more than a spot shower in 1-2 towns 

IDK...it's not potent s/w energy but both days offer some pretty decent s/w moving through and then the front Sunday. Decent wind shear and not awful lapse rates.  Heights look to rise Saturday so that could hurt and the timing of the front Sunday looks a little late. I could see some splitting supercell potential up north Saturday.  

26 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The last two winters have been brutal with the cold. I wouldn't mind a winter without the cold outbreaks. 

I'm kinda torn on the winter...I could see it go either way. The unscientific side of me wants to think we'll see a predominately +NAO given the record setting -NAO we had this spring/summer (in terms of consecutive days being negative)

but the scientific side thinks we are going to deal with numerous cold outbreaks once again. 

We could be headed to a -nao spring/summer and winter cycle like the beginning of the decade. With the propensity to establish -epo’s relatively easily in today’s climate, we could have a great 6 weeks of winter....but torched/no winter otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We could be headed to a -nao spring/summer and winter cycle like the beginning of the decade. With the propensity to establish -epo’s relatively easily in today’s climate, we could have a great 6 weeks of winter....but torched/no winter otherwise. 

Yeah I can see that type of scenario occurring. I have a feeling this winter is not going to really behave extremely well which will make the long-range forecasting exceptionally difficult. 

There is a great deal in place which I think favors a -EPO/major blocking. The jet should be very, very strong too so we'll need the block/-EPO to suppress it, but given this the pattern I think should be active so we'll see if that can transpire into above-average snow for us.