Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nothing more than a few light showers on the golf course in NE CT.  Hard to tell if it was even measurable.  Never wet the pavement under trees.

Doesn’t feel very summery in temps, that’s for sure.  Car says 74F, but it is humid.  

So in summary it doesn’t feel summery?

Couldn’t have had a much nicer stay in Cologne and Berlin for the last week. Only a little bit of rain Saturday in Cologne but otherwise beautiful weather, mostly sunny and highs most days in the mid 70’s. Currently 66/55 in Berlin. Heading back to London tomorrow and flying back to BOS on Thursday. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Nothing more than a few light showers on the golf course in NE CT.  Hard to tell if it was even measurable.  Never wet the pavement under trees.

Doesn’t feel very summery in temps, that’s for sure.  Car says 74F, but it is humid.  

71 here and despite the hype about DP it doesn't feel hot. So today the other 2 HHs in HHH are missing yet the tempestuous twins celebrate lol. The talk about definitions changing....

69/68  Mostly sunny.  Still really hazy and winds are near calm.  This cold front doesn't seem like it has much push southbound right now.  Low dews are just north of me but not moving in here very fast.

2nd line of convection developed north of the first line that missed me.  Gave me .20" which brings August rainfall up to just under .40"

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I keep hearing but but but UHI when I bring this up. Yes they have UHI but the climo has it baked in. I’m talking departure s relative to other sites nearby. 

Yeah, same as BTV.  The valley windy climate should be baked into it already.  It’s not a rad cooling site.  But climo knows that.  

However when that’s +1.5 or whatever and the rest of the northern VT ASOS stations are -1.5 to -2.5 it makes you go hmmm.