Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s not a dry look to me anyways. Let’s get  Tblizz’s well to run dry. 

It's certainly not a dry pattern. It's a pattern which will be conducive for convection. Areas which are hit by convection will end up on the wetter side and areas missed will end up on the drier side.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Waaaayyy overdone . Overzealous Euro op. Just like winter 

It's likely overdone with regards to totals being that widespread, however, that is likely indicating the convective potential upcoming and how areas that are hit (and hit repeatably) may see upwards of 2-3'' (heck even locally higher)  

17 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I bet they finish above normal though -

It's tough to get back to back record "months" - if that was seriously floated... I mean that amount a time would probably be 50 years over the GW threshold from now -haha

I'd see getting a July what it was... then, recovering a -1 to -2 august 12 to above normal - should that occur - is another in a myriad of ..well

No argument here, but with enough sites there was bound to be an exception.  Farmington co-op had record mild in both Nov and Dec in 2006.  The latter retained the title for just 9 years, as 12/15 blew away the Dec warmth records just about everywhere in the Northeast.

16 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

74/68   Partly cloudy.   Rainshowers missed today by a couple of miles to my south.  Very little upstream.

.13" total rain for August.  Don't see anything coming up in the near future.

Watching it go north of me here. There's still a chance it backbuilds a little more south and I get some rain out of it.

image.png