Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

51 minutes ago, alex said:

I was just noticing the first tree with signs of change this morning lol

I actually noticed a subtle change in some trees (talking like 1 out of every 100) taking on a yellowish hue when viewed from a distance in about the same elevation band you are in... 1,500-2,000ft.  Normally by the end of August you can spot the early turners more easily. 

12 hours ago, weathafella said:

We were near sandwich,NH and temperatures at elevation were 60s under 2k and 50s higher.   Just west of castle in the clouds.  Mount Israel which was sneaky steep but at this point in my life descending is the toughest on my body.

Descending was the hardest part at age 27 as we came down the Hunt Trail at Katahdin 46 years ago last week.  The hundred yards of adverse slope just west of the waterfall provided knee relief, for a bit.

Very very late leaf change this year. Only saving grace may Be we get a cane this year with the pig EC ridge and trough Midwest/ plains . 

Would not surprise me, as Septembers have generally been AN in recent years.  We also had a very late leaf-out, as late as I can recall here, though I don't know whether that has any effect on color change timing.

Some clouds earlier but pure blue currently.  What a pleasant month this has been so far!

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Tomorrow could be real nasty across PA/NJ. I'm sure they will tack on to their above-average tornado season. some pretty hefty instability numbers with rather long and curved hodographs. If there was a bit more 3km CAPE being shown I would start thinking of the potential for a strong tornado (EF2-EF3)  

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Surprised Wiz isn’t all over severe threat south of pike tomorrow . His US models gone wild 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Surprised Wiz isn’t all over severe threat south of pike tomorrow . His US models gone wild 

Beautiful day in CT.  Just got to Woodstock for a couple days.  

May run over your way to Tolland as my father needs some work done on his car... my cousin owns a shop in Tolland (Anderson Auto) in that small Gulf gas station next to a Dunkin Donuts. 

Electric Blue seems to be the place to go though.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Beautiful day in CT.  Just got to Woodstock for a couple days.  

May run over your way to Tolland as my father needs some work done on his car... my cousin owns a shop in Tolland (Anderson Auto) in that small Gulf gas station next to a Dunkin Donuts. 

Dude... your cousin is Graham? No way..I go there all the time . I live 5 minutes from there . 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dude... your cousin is Graham? 

Ha yup he was up in Stowe this weekend.  He’s actually cousin-in-law... his wife is the one related to me.  That family is who we come to visit... they own a place on the lake here in Woodstock, just bought it recently.  Right next to my parent’s place.  

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Nothing says severe like a low going south of you.

yeah I'm not all that enthused this way...maybe some elevated convection. I haven't looked in tremendous detail though. 

spending countless hours with Python and just getting plots of a US map so I can plot points...WHAT A PAIN IN THE...

fixed the issue with Cartopy (don't even know how)...then I need Basemap from mpl_toolkits and THAT IS A PAIN

WHY DOES THIS STUFF HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT??? I never realized how "simple" Python actually is...the coding isn't terrible...BUT GETTING CRAP TO WORK and all these stupid ridiculous help forms for this crap are little, if any help. I mean for the love of God these people are supposed to be 'experts" and there are problems after problems :angry: 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha yup he was up in Stowe this weekend.  He’s actually cousin-in-law... his wife is the one related to me.  

They do all the work on our vehicles. He’s a great dude. Met his wife by accident in line at Treehouse last year . Just talking and I over heard her talking about Willington and her husband Graham and asked her lol. He’s a big IPA guy . Great dude 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They do all the work on our vehicles. He’s a great dude. Met his wife by accident in line at Treehouse last year . Just talking and I over heard her talking about Willington and her husband Graham and asked her lol. He’s a big IPA guy . Great dude 

Small world, ha.  Was just hanging out with Graham and Katie this weekend in Stowe.  He’s got the dog Lucy that just hangs out in his shop all day.  But yeah, that’s part of the family we come down to visit all the time.  That’s hilarious.  Next time you go in mention Scott in Stowe, he’ll know ha.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Small world, ha.  Was just hanging out with Graham and Katie this weekend in Stowe.  He’s got the dog Lucy that just hangs out in his shop all day.  But yeah, that’s part of the family we come down to visit all the time.  That’s hilarious.

Lucy’s always there . Just lays around. Gets up to look at you and lays back down 

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Small world, ha.  Was just hanging out with Graham and Katie this weekend in Stowe.  He’s got the dog Lucy that just hangs out in his shop all day.  But yeah, that’s part of the family we come down to visit all the time.  That’s hilarious.  Next time you go in mention Scott in Stowe, he’ll know ha.

I’ll be there Friday. Oil change . 

Drive up the hill .. witness the magic