Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Does look warm/hot Sun-Wed... huge differences though even from 00z to 06z GFS.  

Given this summer, probably another gradient look with muted heat to the north (much shorter duration, 2 days instead of 4).  This type of thing fits with the overall summer... huge gradient just north of CON, 70s north and 90s south.

F27C96B9-7402-49FA-9984-22100D2BCE89.thumb.png.7578deeac49310be3faeb9f56660e467.png

Woah PF with a day ten temp map, seen it all now. 

Spent all weekend working around the house with the son enjoying outside time running around rampant. Just a stellar weekend really and quite memorable for us.

Would lock this weather up year ‘round if I could. Winter is great and all but you can do anything you want with a coc atmosphere. 

Awesome start to August so far though.

65/57

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey it fits with the pattern.  Didn’t mean to step in your dog shit this morning, lol.  You wouldn’t have blinked if it was a cooler outlook.

You can tell he's tired of the warmth and dews. Doggie doo liquifying in the yard and being tracked all into the house. 

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Seems a bit confused about his temptuality. Really wanted the heat and dews while vacaying on the Cape, but then really loved the chamber weather when he got home. Torn between COC and tremendously warm ass temps. We will give him love, space, and support to figure out his true feelings.

You're right. It's been a great summer. A taste of COC last few days has been nice. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

#Scooterknows       It looks pretty darn warm next week. When even ensembles tickle 576 thicknesses......we torch.  I'm not saying 95/74...but I would double check to see if Charmin is on sale this week at your local grocery store.

All guidance is warmer than normal next week, up here and down south.  How it shakes out varies, some have high dews and just high daily averages while other guidance does have 90+ for the usual suspects ahead of what looks like a FROPA later next week.  Always have to watch the final day or two of a warm pattern for some spiked temps.

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You can tell he's tired of the warmth and dews. Doggie doo liquifying in the yard and being tracked all into the house. 

Nope wrong there diaper boy. I have enjoyed every single day that it was hot. While you whined in your AC at work looking forward to an expensive vacation  I was either in my pool, at the lake or beach. All free cept the gas to get to the beach. Look forward to lots of heat in Sept when all the yahoos have gone back to the cities and cramped suburbs so we can enjoy it even more.  

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

It will be dewey with high low temps but according to the Euro/EPS its low mid 80s. So yea warm and humid, hot well I guess it depends on your definition.  Consistent upper 80s and lower 90s would be the hot range for me. In the meantime another top ten day and after tomorrow's high dews and clouds its back to business.  This is the time of year cities are 2 to 4 degrees over the countryside. Right now IJD near Kevin is at exactly normal while Airports are 1 to 3 AN

Bump in PFs rump

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nope wrong there diaper boy. I have enjoyed every single day that it was hot. While you whined in your AC at work looking forward to an expensive vacation  I was either in my pool, at the lake or beach. All free cept the gas to get to the beach. Look forward to lots of heat in Sept when all the yahoos have gone back to the cities and cramped suburbs so we can enjoy it even more.  

I have the ocean a couple of miles away. No cramp. No whine, yes wine. 

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All guidance is warmer than normal next week, up here and down south.  How it shakes out varies, some have high dews and just high daily averages while other guidance does have 90+ for the usual suspects ahead of what looks like a FROPA later next week.  Always have to watch the final day or two of a warm pattern for some spiked temps.

It's a rather strong signal to me. I'm not hyping, just how it looks. Probably lots of 87-92 stuff with dews. Maybe a bit cooler north obviously. Does look to extend into September.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a rather strong signal to me. I'm not hyping, just how it looks. Probably lots of 87-92 stuff with dews. Maybe a bit cooler north obviously. Does look to extend into September.

I wouldn’t worry about people thinking that, folks here know who is biased in a given direction and who isn’t...ha.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I do like to have some fun...but we'll see how it goes. Fly in the ointment may be a boundary nearby with convection. 

Looks like the warmth sticks around into later August on the GEFS.

EPS looks warm at least day 10 time frame, likely after that too.

Compare this past weekend: 

ED783BE3-3C03-4DF4-9DAB-04B01727813F.thumb.png.6786be2aee3737ba0ca9e9620f64518f.png

To this going forward: 

E5B998C0-15A1-45A7-80D5-1781A5950877.thumb.png.ba7dd1b0d74d9933d3b9b6be040d4a29.png

Tomorrow could be real nasty across PA/NJ. I'm sure they will tack on to their above-average tornado season. some pretty hefty instability numbers with rather long and curved hodographs. If there was a bit more 3km CAPE being shown I would start thinking of the potential for a strong tornado (EF2-EF3)