Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Better quality picture since it’s straight digital instead of being compressed for cable or satellite transmission.  You live on an area where you could get a good number of stations, I’d still the 3 or 4 I got with rabbit ears ☹️  

We got it up at deer camp and we got ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox. We got those before but now we get the digital sub-channels that they broadcast different programming on. We lost all the Canadian channels we used to get though since Canada has different broadcast requirements for digital. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Looks like there's an AirNow site at Miller State Park showing up on Mesowest now...2254ft. That should be pretty cool to follow in the winter. 67F for a high so far there today.

I could have used that back when I provided forecasts for Temple Mountain Ski Area.  That area always seemed to find a way to over perform in the late 80s/early 90s.

We have an AirNow station here in town but I wish it reported more frequently than just once an hour.  I do like that they use high quality sensors and generally good siting.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tell me more about ota

Over the air antenna.  I have a pair of antenna's and pick up Boston, Providence, Hartford and Springfield channels.  The best part is that every one is crystal clear and you get the full HD signal and not some compressed version through cable or satellite.  Take a look at tvfool.com and you can see what channels are available at your house.  That will also tell you what kind of antenna you need. 

• Like 1

I think it's a DNS issue at COD site. They did maintenance Aug. 6th and since there have been problems on certain networks while others have no issues.

(link: http://Weather.cod.edu) Weather.cod.edu, (link: http://warnings.cod.edu) warnings.cod.edu, and other services are down again this morning. College IT is aware and is working on it. Sorry folks, I thought we were past this.
  • Like 1

Had a doctors visit Friday and headed up north Saturday morning.   Very intense hiking and I have to say temperatures were perfect yesterday for that activity.    Today we took a less intense mountain in and headed home.   Summer’s winding down although we will heat up and dew after this week.

Intense little cell over us after 5 hours hiking yesterday just as we got back to the car.  Perfect timing.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Had a doctors visit Friday and headed up north Saturday morning.   Very intense hiking and I have to say temperatures were perfect yesterday for that activity.    Today we took a less intense mountain in and headed home.   Summer’s winding down although we will heat up and dew after this week.

Nice, yeah that’s why we love those temps in the summer.  Outdoor recreation is so nice at temps in the 70s. You can actually go running during the day, too, without having to do it at 4am to not pass out from heat exhaustion. 

Where were you?

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice, yeah that’s why we love those temps in the summer.  Outdoor recreation is so nice at temps in the 70s. You can actually go running during the day, too, without having to do it at 4am to not pass out from heat exhaustion. 

Where were you?

We were near sandwich,NH and temperatures at elevation were 60s under 2k and 50s higher.   Just west of castle in the clouds.  Mount Israel which was sneaky steep but at this point in my life descending is the toughest on my body.

• Like 1

Holding off on any flood related headlines. 12.0z UKmet and EC came
in further S with the heaviest rainfall axis while the 12.0z NAM and
12.3z SREF remain on the N side of guidance. Collaborating with WPC,
the EXCESSIVE RAINFALL OUTLOOK for Day 2 was trimmed southward, and
with other weather forecast offices, held off from any FLOOD WATCHES.
Hopefully with later forecast guidance can we get a better handle
on where the more favorable W to E axis of heavy rain will emerge.

Reads pretty meh.  Oh well, at least we have a return to COC after tomorrow's showers.  What an August!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Heat returns next week. 

Does look warm/hot Sun-Wed... huge differences though even from 00z to 06z GFS.  

Given this summer, probably another gradient look with muted heat to the north (much shorter duration, 2 days instead of 4).  This type of thing fits with the overall summer... huge gradient just north of CON, 70s north and 90s south.

F27C96B9-7402-49FA-9984-22100D2BCE89.thumb.png.7578deeac49310be3faeb9f56660e467.png

5 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

He's really become the heat miser this year.

Seems a bit confused about his temptuality. Really wanted the heat and dews while vacaying on the Cape, but then really loved the chamber weather when he got home. Torn between COC and tremendously warm ass temps. We will give him love, space, and support to figure out his true feelings.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

He's really become the heat miser this year.

It will be dewey with high low temps but according to the Euro/EPS its low mid 80s. So yea warm and humid, hot well I guess it depends on your definition.  Consistent upper 80s and lower 90s would be the hot range for me. In the meantime another top ten day and after tomorrow's high dews and clouds its back to business.  This is the time of year cities are 2 to 4 degrees over the countryside. Right now IJD near Kevin is at exactly normal while Airports are 1 to 3 AN