Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s like saying deep winter is fading this time in Feb. ain’t happening James. 

Thats about the worst analogy ever.  We aren't talking about the weather rather natures signals. Let me know when its upper 90s and 100 again though. Do you grow a garden?

Just now, dendrite said:

Temps and dews in mid Aug don’t give a damn about the changing seasons, but there’s definitely a lot less bite to being out in the sun midday. I mean, I still get roasted, but I burn in March and September too. 

No doubt, like a late Feb snowstorm you know as soon as the sun comes out the roads will be fine. Its why DIT ends deep winter March 1st

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thats about the worst analogy ever.  We aren't talking about the weather rather natures signals. Let me know when its upper 90s and 100 again though. Do you grow a garden?

We’ve done u90s and 100 in Sep before. We just need to do it with torchy airmasses and notsomuch sun angle.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Temps and dews in mid Aug don’t give a damn about the changing seasons, but there’s definitely a lot less bite to being out in the sun midday. I mean, I still get roasted, but I burn in March and September too. 

I’m fine with it in August. Come September, I’m about done with it. This year, it hasn’t bothered me as much. Been great to bring the kids out to the lake and beach. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m fine with it in August. Come September, I’m about done with it. This year, it hasn’t bothered me as much. Been great to bring the kids out to the lake and beach. 

We usually go apple picking the last third of September and by then I’m ready for some frosts. Torching away 9/1-9/20 is great. I like the extended deep growing season.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Monday was always the warmer relaxation day ahead of the next front. We’ll torch it up again soon enough. 

Mm... I just wonder to be frank, if folks have been over playing/over anticipating the this "coc" idea for this week...

Previous Euro runs never convincingly suppressed the 850 mb thermal layout enough to ( realistically ) buy days of that level of idealism... for one.  I mean saying "this week" in any context, is plural.  And now the 00z oper. rendition really doesn't at all from where I'm sitting. I mean..excluding yesterday and today...

It's got a weak frontalysis/stationary boundary extending PHL to SE of BOS from 48 hours through 120 hours ...admittedly south ... however, there's essentially zippo CAA fields behind... And in fact, we are +14 up near your neck of the woods to +16 in SW CT the whole way. Don't get a two hours of sun from 9 am to 3 pm then -

The only way that coc metaphor works out in a that sort of Euro synopsis is via cloud suppressed temperatures ... But that isn't the same deal,.. .and it's actually likely to be humid so that's the ball game.

I haven't bothered to look at any GFS genetics... that entire species of model is flat out got me irked - ...on an unrelated note ( sort of ..), it overtly rasps the tops of ridge down too far, using any butterfly flap it can find up stream to do it... and I worry about even the mid range ranges come cold season...when we're trying to assess the real depths and trends for trough amplitude, and what's this thing gonna do...

Beyond this week... guidance is bizarre looking...

There some sort of deep EPO look ...if ephemeral ... with a deep anomaly careening S over/west of the western Canadian cordillera... and the appearance of an elevated(ing) NAO over the western limb of that particular domain space...

The concurrence of those two large scale modalities suggests a big fantastic heat bomb from TX to New England... yet, we only see a pallid commitment.  Oh the Euro's got some big number potential by D9/10 ...but by limitations of that time range alone...heh...  Ah, may just be that we're seeing a snap shot mid way through a pattern change

I guess I'll go scratch my brow line with extended perplexing thumbs over why the oper. GFS even exists just so I can 'dim this picture ' further...

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

some are bearish on the second half of week cool down. 

we shall see how that plays out 

I see upper 70’s and 56’s Wed-Fri for Ash . I would guess that only gonna happen with lots of clouds, a moderate east wind by day, or 10-12c 850’s at most 

If using the Euro... I would tend to agree on the highs - although the 850s are not achieving that depth ...so tfwiw

However, I'm not sure see 56 there ...  The front ( as explained ..) is exceptionally weak, and there is limited/virtually no CAA on the backside...so, where is the air mass change coming from ?

I'm sure someone will go out and find some graphical illustration/Euro-based product that clearly is over-exaggerating the amount of thermometer house response to a synoptic evolution, that in fairness ...really doesn't support said graphical illustration/Euro-based product ... and use that to refute... But, I'll just spare that individual that sloped/agenda/spin tactic and say don't bother.. Cooler/cozy climate relative numbers are not really as supportive for COC in that period that way things are trending here. 

But hey... maybe the new runs come in with a more coherently arguable 'house-cleaning' gust of post fropa air mass change.  

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If using the Euro... I would tend to agree on the highs - although the 850s are not achieving that depth ...so tfwiw

However, I'm not sure see 56 there ...  The front ( as explained ..) is exceptionally weak, and there is limited/virtually no CAA on the backside...so, where is the air mass change coming from ?

I'm sure someone will go out and find some graphical illustration/Euro-based product that clearly is over-exaggerating the amount of thermometer house response to a synoptic evolution, that in fairness ...really doesn't support said graphical illustration/Euro-based product ... and use that to refute... But, I'll just spare that individual that sloped/agenda/spin tactic and say don't bother.. Cooler/cozy climate relative numbers are not really as supportive for COC in that period that way things are trending here. 

But hey... maybe the new runs come in with a more coherently arguable 'house-cleaning' gust of post fropa air mass change.  

Charts FTL

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You two can be like nails on a chalkboard, lol. 

Dont use charts, don’t use models, why would any weather enthusiast actually look at something like that?!

Just go with the EBFS...emotion based forecasting system.

It’s going to be fun when DIT and Dews are total enemies after Columbus Day.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dont use charts, don’t use models, why would any weather enthusiast actually look at something like that?!

Hard to discuss reality and model output with fantasy league lapdogs

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I use models.No one should be using charts that are biased scientifically proven 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

We’ve done u90s and 100 in Sep before. We just need to do it with torchy airmasses and notsomuch sun angle.

No doubt, HHH season normally ends with the US open tennis championship weekend. Same weekend for our Jimmy Fund tournaments. Unusual to get above 93 after 9/11 but like a strong April snowstorm, it happens, but rarely according to xmacis less than 8% of the time in the Hartford area.  Of course outside the cities its probably less than 5%