Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

61/53   Partly cloudy.  Few very light showers today but managed a 70F

Meanwhile, my sister and family in Bend Oregon got hit with a nice hailstorm late yesterday afternoon.  Here's a picture of my brother-in -law with the snowblower.  A bit overdone for something that will melt in an hour or two but it looks like something this weenie would do.

Hail Joe.jpg

I would be doing the same thing :)

I think there was a diffused additional boundary that kited through here this afternoon... High was 81 at several home stations around town and felt it,....then, it's suddenly early autumn vibe after those gust sprinkles whisked thru  - but that's relative to acclimation. I mean it's still 72 right now... When it's been 45 days of 80/66 or more ...gets that way..

Anyway, the sky and air has the radiational vibe to it... DPs are still in the low 50s and with heavy greenery still evapotran ... interesting battle between dew drops at cooler interior/traditionals...

Nice warm up persists beyond this...

It was a pretty impressive and active day... fast moving cells in the cold pool.

4pm on August 10th, temp of 55F?  That's really cold for the valley this time of year for the diurnally warmest part of the day.  Evaporational cooling FTW.

55/51 with 1.75sm +RN Gusts 30+

KMVL 102022Z AUTO 30005G28KT 1 3/4SM +RA BR SCT030 BKN050 OVC070 13/11 A2980 RMK AO2 PK WND 34028/2013 RAB14 P0012 T01280106

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Short lived ... new NAM rolls heat back in on Monday. 

Severe tuesday?

Looks to cool back down again Wednesday till the weekend. I don’t mind a day or two of dews and severe before we go back to this weather again. Light years better than last summers crap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has been an epic summer for solar production. My panels have been running close to peak efficiency almost every day this month so far.

CT has good incentives but those in MA with good sun exposure should install them. MA is currently the #1 state with the best solar incentives and payback period. solar812.jpg

solar811.jpg

• Like 2