Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Nah. 

Steve thinks I engage in that provincial bias/ emotional motivation bullshit you guys dance around in here and typical to his generation ... puts words in people's mouth too when faux believes that's happening  

theres no mode   

the model ridged. Suck it up

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Running out of time to match last year.

image.png

I mean, not even close to last summer.  

It was real humid even up here for a good month it seemed like last year.

Its definitely had it’s oppressive periods but they’ve been few and further between this year.  The difference from an ASOS dew of 72F is much different than 64F, especially in how it affects overnight mins.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah. 

Steve thinks I engage in that provincial bias/ emotional motivation bullshit you guys dance around in here and typical to his generation ... puts words in people's mouth too when faux believes that's happening  

theres no mode   

the model ridged. Suck it up

BS, say wut. Noted bigotted stereotypical generational remark though, (which makes zero sense).

As yesterday afternoon's showers were passing to our north, we were startled by one of the loudest thunderclaps I've ever heard about 6:40 PM.  Not a single rumbles before or after, no rain though skies were dark to the north.   Did get 0.22" in brief heavy showers about 3 hours later.  Can't remember another such one-boom phenomenon.  I suppose if a neighbor had touched off a half ton of ampho the sound would be similar, but I'd have read about it in the local online news outlet (Daily Bulldog.) 

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

As yesterday afternoon's showers were passing to our north, we were startled by one of the loudest thunderclaps I've ever heard about 6:40 PM.  Not a single rumbles before or after, no rain though skies were dark to the north.   Did get 0.22" in brief heavy showers about 3 hours later.  Can't remember another such one-boom phenomenon.  I suppose if a neighbor had touched off a half ton of ampho the sound would be similar, but I'd have read about it in the local online news outlet (Daily Bulldog.) 

Lol well ya never know about the ampho up there lol.  Some crazy mofos 

It went straight to October.  Too cold, we overshot the sweet spot for temps.

Orographic brief heavy showers (half expect graupel in these)... 

12:20pm on August 10th with 55-65F temps around.

62F in town

56F up at 1,500ft (squalls moving through).  Beautiful for the Folk Music Festival up in the base area.  DIT’s midday jackets and pants in full effect.

MVL down to 60F at the ASOS now.

082FBF5A-F71A-4C68-9239-137A3FDDEC42.thumb.png.cddab45062f503154e452b6fabfc28c5.png

• Like 1