Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

45 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Folks are still recovering from the last 5 weeks

Yea they are all hospitalized suffering. Most folks are glad we had nice breaks and a glorious first half with top ten days galore. Hot and dry with HHH days limited. Fantastic month of summer activities

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

8 -10 white face bites put me in the emergency room a couple of summers ago. I hit a nest on mowing and it felt like burning embers shooting into my shins, at first I thought maybe the lawnmower was throwing sparks.

After about 30 minutes it was insane burning and itching in my lymphatic areas and my face started to swell up.   Sitting in the emergency room it started to get worse and worse and the staff kept telling me they were still nine people ahead of me in line so finally I told my wife to just tell them I was having chest pain's.  They wheeled me in immediately LOL 

They jammed a harpoon of epinephrine into my thigh, I thought my heart was going to explode,    Now I have an EpiPen prescription. The funny thing is I had had plenty of stings over the years something about the wfh really made me react poorly.   Fortunately I have not seen wfh in a few years but I'm still pretty cautious around Yellowjackets.

Yikes!

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Day 2 . 13 more to go. Should get 3-4 next week 

snsznEY.jpgTHURsPM.png

I'm giving up counting because the goal posts just keep moving.  You're gonna "win" no matter what because you keep changing the rules.  At first your call was for 15 days after citing BDL as the "official" station for all of CT but then cited coastal areas and now you're citing your own station?  Is the goal to find any station anywhere in SNE that has a Dp of 70+ and that means all of SNE has a Dp of 70+?  Then there's the business of taking a one hourly ob and saying it represents the whole day.

Congrats!

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

A little extra coffee this morning?

Why the hell do you make such a big deal of installing?   You're at 75* inside. 

That temp wouldn’t be too terrible but look at that humidity inside, my word. My house currently is bouncing between a very comfy 59%-60% inside, that is why we install.

I guess S of the Pike has had the torch this year.  Honestly, it has felt like a warm, dry, slightly above normal summer here.  Perhaps the lack of humidity has me unimpressed?  I am pretty mank sensitive and really have not had too use the A/C that much.  Electric bill running way short of last summer.

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

8 -10 white face bites put me in the emergency room a couple of summers ago. I hit a nest on mowing and it felt like burning embers shooting into my shins, at first I thought maybe the lawnmower was throwing sparks.

After about 30 minutes it was insane burning and itching in my lymphatic areas and my face started to swell up.   Sitting in the emergency room it started to get worse and worse and the staff kept telling me they were still nine people ahead of me in line so finally I told my wife to just tell them I was having chest pain's.  They wheeled me in immediately LOL 

They jammed a harpoon of epinephrine into my thigh, I thought my heart was going to explode,    Now I have an EpiPen prescription. The funny thing is I had had plenty of stings over the years something about the wfh really made me react poorly.   Fortunately I have not seen wfh in a few years but I'm still pretty cautious around Yellowjackets.

I’m not sure you’re actually allergic vs getting so much venom that anyone would have had that reaction.  In my wife’s case last summer, she immediately took Benadryl which quelled any further reaction.  That said, keep the epi pen.

• Like 1

Way non-weather related.....

Has anyone ever removed a doorknob with a pin-hole detent mechanism?  I'm sticking in the little simcard-like tool that came with the new knob, but I'll be damned if I can get the old one off. 

TIA for any thoughts/advice.  Feel free to pm if not wanting to interfere with the scintillating discussion of dew points.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Way non-weather related.....

Has anyone ever removed a doorknob with a pin-hole detent mechanism?  I'm sticking in the little simcard-like tool that came with the new knob, but I'll be damned if I can get the old one off. 

TIA for any thoughts/advice.  Feel free to pm if not wanting to interfere with the scintillating discussion of dew points.

Check YouTube for videos. It's a great source of info on how to do things around the home.

• Like 1