Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

12 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

What was it last year, white faced hornets inside the house or just outside on the house structure? They are nasty if you disturb them near their nest. Very painful stings too. Might be the most painful I've had. They just aren't as nasty as yellow jackets away from the nest. A yellow jacket will sting you pretty easily away from the nest...it's like they are just happy to be azzholes and sting for the hell of it...most other species of bees, wasps, and hornets wont bother you too much away from the nest. 

8 -10 white face bites put me in the emergency room a couple of summers ago. I hit a nest on mowing and it felt like burning embers shooting into my shins, at first I thought maybe the lawnmower was throwing sparks.

After about 30 minutes it was insane burning and itching in my lymphatic areas and my face started to swell up.   Sitting in the emergency room it started to get worse and worse and the staff kept telling me they were still nine people ahead of me in line so finally I told my wife to just tell them I was having chest pain's.  They wheeled me in immediately LOL 

They jammed a harpoon of epinephrine into my thigh, I thought my heart was going to explode,    Now I have an EpiPen prescription. The funny thing is I had had plenty of stings over the years something about the wfh really made me react poorly.   Fortunately I have not seen wfh in a few years but I'm still pretty cautious around Yellowjackets.

• Like 1

then Wednesday/Thursday, then potentially again on Friday. At the
moment it looks as if a warm front will bring scattered thunderstorm
chances Tuesday while the greatest chance for strong to severe
storms is Wednesday afternoon/evening. This is when we see an
alignment of maximum moisture (PWATs approaching 2", dewpoints in
the 70s), instability, and bulk effective shear which could lead to
some prolonged updrafts/organized storms.

Let's get some damage and destruction 

• Like 1