ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

20 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

oh cool, more D10 progs that will never verify

To be fair...

GEFS were a little premature with moving the trough axis our way. EPS never had the cooler air inside of d10 until now. It's been fairly consistent with it over the last 3 days. Again, I'm on the train for these airmasses to moderate as verification time comes, but there will probably be some COC talk for a few day stretch after 8/10. Whether that's 75/45 or 85/55...we'll see. Hopefully James can get another spinner next week.

ecmwf-ens_T850a_namer_fh192_trend.gif

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

To be fair...

GEFS were a little premature with moving the trough axis our way. EPS never had the cooler air inside of d10 until now. It's been fairly consistent with it over the last 3 days. Again, I'm on the train for these airmasses to moderate as verification time comes, but there will probably be some COC talk for a few day stretch after 8/10. Whether that's 75/45 or 85/55...we'll see. Hopefully James can get another spinner next week.

ecmwf-ens_T850a_namer_fh192_trend.gif

pretty much every cool down shown in the longer range guidance has been muted near verification, at least to some extent, . It's a different pattern now than weeks, or a month ago plus there's cool air lurking nearby and available, so we'll see what happens. I still think we end up with a few cfp's that end up hanging up more than sweeping through. That could be very wrong.

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Incredible night for baseball. Minor league Norwich Tigers,  totally Durham Bulls like.

Screenshot_20190801-195328_Gallery.jpg

Announced attendance of 1543.....I assume everyone must of been on the concourse. At least that is what the Pistons claim every time they announce an attendance total that isn't remotely close to the actual attendance.