Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

euro looks similar, cooler stretch after 8/9 at least on today's runs

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think that is going to end up becoming a washed up piece of poop by the time it makes it anywhere near the US...if it even makes it that far Probably going to get caught up in some front and just become absorbed. 

yeah, no expectations on that one

42 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

CEF is an AWOS as well I believe. Probably why u cant get 5 minute readings from there.

Many AWOS sites have the 5 min data now. I’m not sure what the deal is with CEF. May be something to do with it being a military base. Until relatively recently they were a fully manned station with hourly human obs.

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Couple of days of tstorms , but overall gotta tip the cap

Definitely going out on a limb calling for thunderstorms in the mountains during the summer.  

To be honest it looks like a climo map.  Sea breezes at the coast even.

Without actual numbers it’s hard to judge.  That’s like a farmers almanac map that says “cold with periods of snow” in the Great Lakes and NNE for the winter.  

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Definitely going out on a limb calling for thunderstorms in the mountains during the summer.  

To be honest it looks like a climo map.  Sea breezes at the coast even.

Without actual numbers it’s hard to judge.  That’s like a farmers almanac map that says “cold with periods of snow” in the Great Lakes and NNE for the winter.  

It’s a bad map but it works for the general public that want easy to understand graphics. It’s why DIT loves him so much.

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s a bad map but it works for the general public that want easy to understand graphics. It’s why DIT loves him so much.

It’s not that the graphic or forecast is wrong, it just looks like what I think of when I think of summer.  More humid closer to the ocean, storms and rains in the Appalachians from WV to NNE, sea-breezes, watch out for tropical threats on the Gulf Coast, a battle ground of WNW flow out of Canada and SSE flow out of the Atlantic basin, etc.  

You could roll that map out any summer and it would be a good place to start... and with no numbers to judge it on its like the Farmers Almanac.  

But then again, props to anyone who takes the time to put their thoughts out there like that...I certainly don’t so not sure I have much to stand on critiquing it.