• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Flash Flood threat nw NJ se NYS now and possible flood threat linger into Tuesday

wdrag

Wantage NJ 4 sw (8 s High Point)...since 238PM-501PM 2.5".  Since the 17th 4.85"  Some residents pumping water in the nw NJ hills.  another couple of hours of off and on TR+.  I'd be careful crossing any flooded roadways where brooks or streams are involved. NWS posted a FFW mid afternoon.  We don't often flood up here in the nw NJ hills but there's a good chance of a flash flood problem.  STP's look a little low to me as of 5P.  Walt  506P/22 

• Like 3

Attaching wunder map... several reports 2.5-3" today, most of it this afternoon and here at our house now past 2.85 since 238PM.  This has to be causing some brook and small stream flooding in these hilly areas.  Bad possibilities for campers near small streams.  I know of folks using pumps to lower water here in our neighborhood to minimize flood risk.  527PM

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 5.21.33 PM.png

Just sent to PHI (NWS area of respo for Sussex County NJ): Wantage NJ 4 sw... 2.9 since 238PM. 2.96 for the day: 5.19" since the 17th. Local neighbors pumping water from unusual summer flood locations around homes. Some weather underground reports ne PA into se NYS past 3". submitted 534P/22.

Wantage NJ 4 sw at 557PM: 3.07" since 238P. 3.13 for the day. 5.42 since the 17th. Glad its easing at 557PM. Digital storm total and PHI internet STP's might be a touch low? Not much, but definitely a minimum from my vantage point here. Wont write again til (if) we pass 3.5 for the day. 602P/22.

• 3 weeks later...