Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we don’t live there. 

Still a summer evening with dews of 65F... just not as oppressively hot out but certainly feels like summer. 

Though it certainly isn't like HFD's 88/70 reading for 9pm.  Even BDL is down to 85/66... but man that HFD reading is pretty crazy for 9pm.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think when the climo for July numbers update they will be amazing!  Through yesterday BOS is +5.8.  I have felt since the end of winter that heat would carry the day this summer and so far it has all across the NHEM.

Last night's 83F min will certainly help bring those up for BOS.

Also, BOS getting the 90F by 9... except it's 9pm.  Still an absolute torch to be 90F at this time of day.  No way it drops below the 83F minimum by midnight at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

80 here just gorgeous in the pool. Long hot wet day, water sports abounded. Greatgrandson visited for his first pool party. Beautiful pink sunset closed out a hot summer apex.

Screenshot_20190721-210429_Gallery.jpg

Looks like autumn is just around the corner there with bare trees already... is that from the gypsies?

Local private stations have dropped to 68F in Stowe Village... the 68F on the PWS's is the coldest temperature in 2.5 days.  That's pretty impressive for up here, going that long without seeing 68F or lower.

The odd thing is MVL came in with 76/59, which seems like they are still well mixed.

RMFQ1M9.png

The obsession with achieving 100 here is a bit weird.....it’s just not that exciting IMO.....maybe I’m desensitized cuz where I grew up out west in CA East Bay Area it’s just not that difficult to hit 100 multiple days in a row and on multiple days in a season....living here in SNE now I’d much rather have the equally rare TOR or even the slightly more likely actual SVR verification with the wind or hail - doesn’t matter.....today just blew all around even with the 100 at BDL.....it’s like “so F’in what”

Low t is interesting… Provided Eric Fisher is not full of it-

I mentioned this possibility myself earlier in the week that the overnight lows were the biggest threat for records… It was actually the most entertaining part of this heat wave for me ...was seeing if that would be the case. And it's fitting with the global elevated nocturnal low crisis going on all over the planet heh. 

4 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

The obsession with achieving 100 here is a bit weird.....it’s just not that exciting IMO.....maybe I’m desensitized cuz where I grew up out west in CA East Bay Area it’s just not that difficult to hit 100 multiple days in a row and on multiple days in a season....living here in SNE now I’d much rather have the equally rare TOR or even the slightly more likely actual SVR verification with the wind or hail - doesn’t matter.....today just blew all around even with the 100 at BDL.....it’s like “so F’in what”

It's a dystopian nerve people want tapped. For some reason its entertainment trips a kind euphoria circuit ...?  so much so that discussing it as a possibility ... from winter storms to heat waves and all end of the world shock and awes in between, to then not get it - it's like interrupting high and the person gets cranky. 

96/75 just isn't as resonating as 103/..

29 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

True but your best shot was this weekend.

Soaker then COC Tues afternoon Wed  Thurs, back to mid 80s weekend.

Mid 80s weekend may be optimistic for heat haters....we’ll see.   But yes we have a small window and hundy is uncommon which is why I love it.  I’d feel the same way about colder than -5.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Mid 80s weekend may be optimistic for heat haters....we’ll see.   But yes we have a small window and hundy is uncommon which is why I love it.  I’d feel the same way about colder than -5.

Boston is now officially on my summer fraud 5, it’s 7 to 10 degree warmer tonight than anywhere else

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well if you live on the torch tarmac s of BDL and Boston maybe not.

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Boston is now officially on my summer fraud 5, it’s 7 to 10 degree warmer tonight than anywhere else

UHI enhanced on a west wind plays a big part in summer.   KBOS at this moment is 79 while I sit at 74....doesn’t seem unusual considering I have some elevation and and am in a wooded area.

• Like 1

Yesterday's 83° minimum temperature tied the low temperature recorded on August 2, 1975 for Boston's warmest minimum temperature on record. In addition, it was Boston's second consecutive daily minimum temperature of 80° or above for the first time on record. Prior to 2019, no year had more than one such day. Boston's records go back to 1872.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Fisher’s tweet was Boston’s hottest weekend.  Has Boston ever had two hotter consecutive days regardless of what day of the week?  What was the Friday before Hot Saturday like? 

Preceding hot Saturday (purely from memory) was 98 for a high.   But ridiculously hot minimums did the deed this past weekend.   Sunday after hot Saturday was chilly following a back door dropping temperatures into the 60s mid day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Fisher’s tweet was Boston’s hottest weekend.  Has Boston ever had two hotter consecutive days regardless of what day of the week?  What was the Friday before Hot Saturday like? 

Hot. 98/77

So the Fri/Sat avg temps were 92.5 (record) and 87.5.

This Sat and Sun were 88.5 and 90.5. So technically 1975 was barely a hotter 2 day stretch.

That July 1911 heat wave had the consecutive day peak on the 3rd (90.0) and 4th (89.0). That ties this 2 day stretch, but that was on a Mon/Tue.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Were Logan’s numbers different from surrounding stations this past weekend?

Not sure, just going by its unresolved issues. It probably wasn’t far off given well mixed atmosphere.  But will look forward to the ice accretion and efficient snow accumulation at 33-34F.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hot. 98/77

So the Fri/Sat avg temps were 92.5 (record) and 87.5.

This Sat and Sun were 88.5 and 90.5. So technically 1975 was barely a hotter 2 day stretch.

That July 1911 heat wave had the consecutive day peak on the 3rd (90.0) and 4th (89.0). That ties this 2 day stretch, but that was on a Mon/Tue.

Thanks Dendy. And congrats btw.  

5at weekend is one of my earliest memories.  I was growing up in Foxboro and we had no air conditioning at all in the house.