Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I told @CT Rain that. I think at least 5 people asked me yesterday if 110 was gonna happen today

My max was 93, Hot yes, But not the extremes that some were thinking they were going to see, Same thing up here, I told quite a few when it was mentioned on FB highly doubtful were seeing 100°F surface temp.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Right, they had 110-115 for wct. Fell short by a good margin numbers wise. Still hot, nothing too extreme, we’ve had worse.

We've had worse, but that is pretty extreme. There's not a lot of mid/upper 90s with mid/upper 70s dews in our historical records.

• Like 1

Just now, psv88 said:

So Islip is an inner city now? May want to open a map sometime. Suburban area 45 miles east of the city.

Montauk hit 93. Inner city?

Glad we don’t live in congestion and smog.

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

He was referencing uptons alleged bust. LI is in upton area. How is that not fair game? 

We talk about CT, this is SNE subforum. Unfortunately we are tied to your zone.

The BOS 34F winter reference with snow was when it was like 30-32 everywhere else....

Obviously nobody else really cares about this stuff outside our forum but it's probably worth mentioning if BOS is approaching daily records. We pulled out the MADIS plots a couple weeks ago. I recall actually that BED was drifting too recently. Though the BOS drift started first. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This sucks that we are not going to get any good widespread convection from this...what complete and total garbage. Absolute trash. This is just such BS. What a horrific summer really...awful. It’s been a roller coaster of crap, except we never made it to the top. 

At least maybe there will be some soaking rains for some Monday night and Tuesday but this sucks. 

:frostymelt:

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Dews overperformed progs...I was a little worried about that late last week. But like we said, shave a couple degrees off the highs and lop them onto the dews and in the end it's the same heat indices.

There is no doubt yesterday was a scorcher. You dont see local news here but that 100 actual was blasted everywhere for yesterday and today.  I was hoping for a 100 somewhere but alas we are left with the joy of people getting wood over 81/80 at an ASOS

• Haha 1

This sucks that we are not going to get any good widespread convection from this...what complete and total garbage. Absolute trash. This is just such BS. What a horrific summer really...awful. It’s been a roller coaster of crap, except we never made it to the top. 
At least maybe there will be some soaking rains for some Monday night and Tuesday but this sucks. 
Tell us how u really feel

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Dews overperformed progs...I was a little worried about that late last week. But like we said, shave a couple degrees off the highs and lop them onto the dews and in the end it's the same heat indices.

It was a good call!

I was there with you ... I believe I opined at tl;dr length on a couple different occurrence, with not so veiled references to GW and the elevation of theta-e all over the planet phenomenon.  ...

I mean, NCEP has been noting in their "state of the climate" monthly addresses, that nocturnal lows have been elevated all over the world.  That's theta-e.  Sorry, across the diurnal cycle - you tell me ...what is the greatest guiding factor.   If some nimrod says clouds... clouds are moisture! ... It's all part of the same integration

Blah blah... My point is, I think elevating DPs is something that might just be part of the paradigm shift everyone is either busy discrediting, or cluelessly standing around waiting to happen.  Be that as it may or may not be, add water limits temperature. 

PV = NRT for the back of breakfast cereal boxes...

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We've had worse, but that is pretty extreme. There's not a lot of mid/upper 90s with mid/upper 70s dews in our historical records.

Yeah I’m not sure I get the bust calls.  

I mean I guess it’s like thinking you have a shot at a sub-zero high temp in winter and it ends up a high of +4F instead... but winds were higher and it’s still fukkin brutally cold out there.  

Its not 100F but 96/76 is about as hot and humid as it gets for New England.

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Lol it has been a fantastic summer, tourist locations at all time highs for visitors, men in suits visit every week. Smiles everywhere as people enjoy the sun warmth and breezes. Couple of muck days here and there. Cmon out of the weather closet, get naked, pound down a few,  eat some delicious New England grown food food and enjoy summer, its the only summer you got.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean I guess it’s like thinking you have a shot at a sub-zero high temp in winter and it ends up a high of +4F instead... but winds were higher and it’s still fukkin brutally cold out there.  

We would call that a bust in the winter for sure. Even though it's still brutal cold. How many times have we seen the posts "darn, we didn't decouple so temps never made it down to -10"

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Except when it’s winter and the 0” snow measurement falls short of their 12-18” forecast cuz of mid level warmth like March 2018. We are too used mediocrity around here, I expect better.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We would call that a bust in the winter for sure. Even though it's still brutal cold. How many times have we seen the posts "darn, we didn't decouple so temps never made it down to -10"

Well ...you said it ( rightfully imho - ) in your previous post..

It's relative to the group being asked.   It's only an error in here, where we sweat out 32.1 in an icing scenario... Or need an extra 10 J of SB CAPE to get a funnel to touch the Earth.  ...or in this case, (probably) feel jilted by a situation that will fail actual 100 on an officiate thermometer and having to settle for "pedestrian" 96/77 .... ( the nerve! )

No, in 99%dom concensia ... this is a perfectly forecast weekend.  700 people in Boston were medical because of the heat yesterday - the NWS did their job. 

Guys... heads out of weeds..   Don't get too caught up in this stuff -

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BDL 98
BED 98
OWD 98
BOS 97
TAN 97
MHT 97
FIT 97

I mean most MOS guidance had 97-100F. How is that a bust? I'm going to assume NWS zone forecasts were calling for upper 90s in the lower els? The decoupling example is usually when the forecast is -10F and calm and it ends up +5F with a 10mph wind.