• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

This is 12-24 hours of equatorial wx in much of SNE. At least this general area.. where it rained is currently a tropical rainforest. The texts and FB posts and messages I’m getting from folks saying this is surreal , unheard of in our part of world is fascinating. Got 2 texts saying folks took dogs out and they sitting in chairs sweating. For me.. this is special and something I will never forget 

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is 12-24 hours of equatorial wx in much of SNE. At least this general area.. where it rained is currently a tropical rainforest. The texts and FB posts and messages I’m getting from folks saying this is surreal , unheard of in our part of world is fascinating. Got 2 texts saying folks took dogs out and they sitting in chairs sweating. For me.. this is special and something I will never forget 

Just missed the rain here but the dew is still 80! Enjoy it tonight

• Like 1

Weather like this should start becoming the norm I guess every summer. Just imagine though if these trends continue...who knows how much longer before we start seeing dews more 80-83 or something. 

It’s bit necessarily the fact that these patterns are anomalous but the results are the patterns are. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And I know I’ll get accused of hype, lying.. the usual silliness. For those folks.. please look at Tolland Stem now . You know where to find it . Screen shot

It's really hot and humid.  No way around it. 

As much as it's oppressive relative to what we are used to, most folks today (even employees) found it more fascinating than anything.  Definitely high-end stuff for an uncomfortable period.

I do think it was worse last year up here.

Early July 2018, MVL had 4 out of 5 days registering a high of 92F (today's high was 91F), which is incredible to get 4 days up this way in the low-90s in one stretch...lows of 68 and 72 at a radiating site in there too, which means dews were high (last night low was 69F for comparison).

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's really hot and humid.  No way around it. 

As much as it's oppressive relative to what we are used to, most folks today (even employees) found it more fascinating than anything.  Definitely high-end stuff for an uncomfortable period.

I do think it was worse last year up here.

Early July 2018, MVL had 4 out of 5 days registering a high of 92F (today's high was 91F), which is incredible to get 4 days up this way in the low-90s in one stretch...lows of 68 and 72 at a radiating site in there too, which means dews were high (last night low was 69F for comparison).

Yeah, this is weak sauce compared to last year. 

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

78/73, Another Fire, Stogie and a few beverages tonight, Summer at its finest.

Otter Creek's Berner IPA (7.0%) here... nothing special but on these hot evenings it has a crisp finish with some lighter, almost fruity flavors.  A summer beer. 

Of course, some shots of Jack could do it.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Otter Creek's Berner IPA (7.0%) here... nothing special but on these hot evenings it has a crisp finish with some lighter, almost fruity flavors.  A summer beer. 

Vodka and crystal light pink lemonade, Couple Jaegar shots, Life is good.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just now, dryslot said:

Vodka and crystal light pink lemonade, Couple Jaegar shots, Life is good.

I'm working, to keep y'all safe from the heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1