Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For Ginx.. we just did it. AWT

Dendrite FTW for patience 

sFbHeWK.jpg

Glad we don't live there.  Nice to see you haven't event hit 88.0.  Heat fail on the massif.

On the other hand, when it comes to departures, who wouldn't trade this for +- 0* with howling 50mph NW gusts?  I would it a heartbeat.

HHH = BORING

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Glad we don't live there.  Nice to see you haven't event hit 88.0.  Heat fail on the massif.

On the other hand, when it comes to departures, who wouldn't trade this for +- 0* with howling 50mph NW gusts?  I would it a heartbeat.

HHH = BORING

That wasn’t the high. Had outflow from storm but it totally missed to north . Sun out now. I wonder if that outflow produced the 80 dews? Oceanwx?

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That wasn’t the high. Had outflow from storm but it totally missed to north . Sun out now. I wonder if that outflow produced the 80 dews? Oceanwx?

Probably pooling ahead of some boundary, the sea breeze is also working north.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

88/70   High was 88.9F.    Now with the new VP2 out in the field and not near the roof I realize it will take a special day for me to hit 90F.  With the front close by tomorrow I don't expect to do it.

It’s hard enough for ORH in SNE , are you at like 1100’ 

90.7F for my high on my cheap thermometer (shaded at least)

My car thermo had 91 both leaving and returning to my street so I will go with that. 

Warm, but not the warmest ever here.  Dews of 72 or so are pretty impressive though for here. I will be in Florida and the Bahamas in 2 weeks so this is just a taste.  Enjoying Moscow mules now FTW.  Pool was 81 which was awesome 

Welp... as Maud Miller one proclaimed,  ...of all the saddest words of tongue or pen, there are none sadder than these ... what might have been!

If only we could have those two hours of stolen sun back this morning.

I feel vindicated in a petty kind of shit-eating way...  I was never as gung-ho for 100 as I was agog at the MOS...  I said it all week; flat ridges are not really how you get that done around here.  Too many chances being that close to the westerlies for some bullshit to just emerge at the wrong timing to mess with a process that for around here, needs to be pretty clean to get it done.  We can't be dinking around with convective debris and alto-stratus from no apparent source other than butterflies in our morning insolation and expect to pull off 100  - unless some weird 850 26 C plume somehow were ever to get in here.

What is the 850 record for this region?  I don't even know if that's possible much above 24 ... In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it verify there - oh the NAM's tried... I think I've only actually ever seen it 22 but it's not honestly a historical value I've ever payed much attention.

Anyway, this morning's perfectly wrong timed theft of insolation - as though it had no other purpose but for doing so - COC blocked us.  I feel pretty confident that why 21.5 C 850 mb ...was stopped short at 97 at FIT, BOS, altho BDL and OWD... did pop 99 it appears..  Anyway, this really could have been a 100 ... 101 ubiquitous shit show but as it were... just shit

Tomorrow we still have a shot ... for morbid entertainment... But I'm not even sure we don't get the same morning thing then, either.