• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

Well ... what are we talking about though ...  temperature, or level of discomfort -

those are two different metrics.   Not that anyone disputed - just sayn'... 

I mean, we're getting up into the high 90s S of Rt 2 ...which shouldn't be any less an achievement relative to climate and temperature than yesterday for most locations.. We run risk of diminishing that significance if we conflate with it being easier toleration is all -

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... what are we talking about though ...  temperature, or level of discomfort -

those are two different metrics.   Not that anyone disputed - just sayn'... 

I mean, we're getting up into the high 90s S of Rt 2 ...which shouldn't be any less an achievement relative to climate and temperature than yesterday for most locations.. We run risk of diminishing that significance if we conflate with it being easier toleration is all -

Yesterday we were had 4-6 higher dews (except far southern areas) and temp at least as high (exception BDL)

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It really isn't all that difficult to have temperature differences of 1-3F within a small area. There are numerous factors at play, but the air above the ground isn't going to heat evenly or even at the same rate everywhere...even within a small distance. 

Its possible.  The ultimate downslope open field /tarmac area.  A bit south of here and  BAF which are both at 98  .  it just always separates itself and runs warmer than the other death valley sites especially during peak heating hours. Could just be the perfect furnace spot or could be a bit high.  They don't radiate well  on cold nights at all either which seems a bit suspect but its 100 today and that is the official Hartford  temp reading that most people use so congrats is in order. Just would have been nice to see a couple other official sites make it.  

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice to get a legit 100 at one of the big 4. Goes down in record books as a memorable heat wave 

special times indeed. Always great to get to 100...been a long time coming. You had to figure if they did it folks would disagree. BDL hit it for the first time in 7 years...it's not like its something that is done every summer. 

Just now, CTValleySnowMan said:

Its possible.  The ultimate downslope open field /tarmac area.  A bit south of here and  BAF which are both at 98  .  it just always separates itself and runs warmer than the other death valley sites especially during peak heating hours. Could just be the perfect furnace spot or could be a bit high.  They don't radiate well  on cold nights at all either which seems a bit suspect but its 100 today and that is the official Hartford  temp reading that most people use so congrats is in order. Just would have been nice to see a couple other official sites make it.  

Didn't BOX send folks out not long ago to check equipment and make sure calibrations were still proper and everything was working properly and everything checked out. 

But I don't think a 2F is really all that crazy. I mean if it was a 2F difference between your house and your neighbors house that's a little different (all things being equal of course). 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Didn't BOX send folks out not long ago to check equipment and make sure calibrations were still proper and everything was working properly and everything checked out. 

But I don't think a 2F is really all that crazy. I mean if it was a 2F difference between your house and your neighbors house that's a little different (all things being equal of course). 

I agree. It could very well be the ultimate hotspot.  Ineedsnow hitting 100 right here in town is a bit of validation.  I'm not convinced but its possible. Especially if BOX did check things out.