Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I didn’t see any forecasts for 100F+ here.  97-99F was what I saw.  Verified perfectly.  Excessive heat warning too as we peaked at 115F when coupled with dew.

Do you watch the news? WCVB had 100 at ORD yesterday and today. Kevins boy FIsher 100 today at Bos

6 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Pool doesn't care if we hit 100 or not....b5fe7f9b2e83322c8b10f503bc9a86f6.jpg

Too warm man, don't you want to feel refreshed.  84 pool temp here. I am super jealous of your pool and setup,  gorgeous.  Unfortunately being on a hill my inground options are slim. Put some ice in dat bitch

Too warm man, don't you want to feel refreshed.  84 pool temp here. I am super jealous of your pool and setup,  gorgeous.  Unfortunately being on a hill my inground options are slim. Put some ice in dat bitch

Lol....I said to my wife we need to get a dozen bags of ice for it. Honestly, it feels amazing. Doesn't feel like a bath at all, very refreshing

I think the loss of DP and the better mixing are, together, putting back temp - ...

I'm also curious about something else...  More scientific, but I'm not sure -

The surface obs seem to average 220 to 260 with the winds... But the CU field is more like 280 or even 290...  The latter is a subtle d-slope direction for most, but the former,... is not.

Does that mean the we do not benefit from d-slope compression... I'm not sure it doesn't.  Because I can reason that "at the 900 mb sigma level" there is compression from over top... Then, indirectly, we mix that with the boundary layer tumble -

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It will be interesting too watching the dewpoint and how low it may go. I think yesterday some guidance had it getting down to like 63-65 by late afternoon. 

I'm eagerly awaiting that, but so far it's stuck at 70-71.  The breeze is great though.  I just moved out to the deck (under umbrella).  If it weren't for yesterday, it would probably seem gross today.  In comparison though, feels pretty good.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

I'm eagerly awaiting that, but so far it's stuck at 70-71.  The breeze is great though.  I just moved out to the deck (under umbrella).  If it weren't for yesterday, it would probably seem gross today.  In comparison though, feels pretty good.

what's your wind?

I think the W wind at BDL is yielding stronger mixing and lowering of dews..plus looks like there is a weak boundary moving through as well. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wow..this is quite impressive.

Both MAV and MET have the low at KRNO tomorrow night of 69...that's insane for them. 

ot but why? They pulled this 6 day stretch last year for record high mins.

7/12 74 in 2002 67 in 2018 66 in 2014+
7/13 70 in 2018 70 in 2014 68 in 2012
7/14 69 in 2018 69 in 2005 68 in 2014
7/15 72 in 2018 71 in 2014 71 in 2005
7/16 69 in 2018 69 in 2010 68 in 2017+
7/17 69 in 2014 69 in 2005 68 in 2018