Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

These are avg dews for given temps. You can see as you get near 100F and over it there's actually a trend toward lower dews versus mid 90s temps.

image.png

image.png

Ya....100+ air temp is difficult to achieve when dews are high no?  Like it’s the reason the west can achieve those insane 110+ temps or why at night they can radiate nicely down to comfortable temps at night....

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fair enough. My criticism of that office in particular may have aided my thoughts here, they have an awful track record. So I’ll just chalk it up to clouds, blame the ‘gods’ instead.

Yeah I get ya though as unfortunately OKX has had some interesting winter storm snowfall forecast busts in recent years.

Wouldn't think so ...

but, we do have a more active W wind and the CU trajectory isn't bad for some d-slope component in that well mixed environment - might add a tick or two back.

93+ at BOS last read... DP popped back to 72.  12:20 pm ...mm... I'd say if that site jumps another 3 over the next hour their chances improve from nill to slim -

Yeah expanding that analysis ...that band of clouds a coupe hours ago was clearly some sort of old outflow boundary that was in the process of normalizing out but hadn't yet completely...

If you look the broader scope you can see how it arced/sloped back WSW all the way through PA/OH... and on the western end, is even now sparking weakly committed early glaciators...

It's helped sweep out about 2-5 off the DP...  not sure if the temp is also... right now I'm inclined to say no, because other than the retarding effectiveness of that cloud interlude its self... we seem to be bounced back 91 to 94 across the area. 

I don't think hundo is in the cards...but...we should still inch into that 95-98 range...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

What is keeping the svr threat down?  Super capped?

Adding to Weatherwiz's deeply insightful, lucid angle on convection...

I suspect the sweep out of some 3 or 5 degrees of DP that took place a bit over an hour ago, may be taking the CAPE down.  There's still a convective temperature, but it's probably higher now that we have taken some dynamics out. 

The EML should be finally moving off this evening ...and I am noticing the DPs are trying to make a comeback - folks including SPC didn't see last night wind/severe near sunset down the Mohawk trail either so there's hope.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If ORH can go NW a bit more in the wind, 90 is possible still. It will be hard if they stay SW. 

Much drier now than 20 minutes ago,nice breeze hot full sun, Lets party, no craft draft beers today, took a while to shake off the cobwebs this morning.  Iced Coffee, tons of food and water.  Party on Garth

10 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

It's smoking hot here in the city, but the breeze is keeping it somewhat bearable. Just walked the dog I was sitting for last time before heading home: pretty damn sweaty still. Wish I had their pool today. Not a cloud in the sky. We will probably make a temp run today. 

You are welcome here anytime.. I heard you were a great dog sitter.