Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

What a torch zone the Champlain Valley is... low to mid 80s still. 

Once into the hills east of the Spine, it cools off pretty decently... low 70s here along the valley waterways in the interior.

YFYDsSF.png

Burlington is a great place to visit and is so close to Vermont!

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Really annoying. They stick out like a sore thumb on the sfc plots. They are 10F warmer than ORH right now and 4F warmer than PVD this morning. 

I realize y'all have your history with his concern and that locale... I don't mean to diminish any of it -

But, they were on a west wind out of the largest urban region NE of NYC ... after a deeply heat saturated barotropic, high sun day.  Those two factors guarantee that particular site would be the warmest overnight given the environment, initial conditions and the fact that those were unchanging overnight.  Sorry - they are/were definitely destined to be substantially warmer than ORH.

Now, does that mean 10 ?  don't know...

However, I have seen many times that site be 10 over ORH going back to the 1980s when I first moved to this region of the country and invariably that has/will occurr every year, once in a while... since. 

Now, none of that is intended to preclude the possibility ( or truth ..) that Logan's instrumentation needs a tech visit... It probably does.  I probably does.  But, given this particular recent 24 hours of leading and carry through factors?  Mm... not blown away by y'alls concerns.   

KBED min was  80

KOWD min was 81

... call the quantum PHD candidates already ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I realize y'all have your history with his concern and that locale... I don't mean to diminish any of it -

But, they were on a west wind out of the largest urban region NE of NYC ... after a deeply heat saturated barotropic, high sun day.  Those two factors guarantee that particular site would be the warmest overnight given the environment, initial conditions and the fact that those were unchanging overnight.  Sorry - they are definitely going to be substantially warmer than ORH.

Now, does that mean 10 ?  don't know...

However, I have seen many times that site be 10 over ORH going back to the 1980s when I first moved to this region of the country and invariably that has/will occurr every year, once in a while... since. 

Now, none of that is intended to preclude the possibility ( or truth ..) that Logan's instrumentation needs a tech visit... It probably does.  I probably does.  But, given this particular recent 24 hours of leading and carry through factors?  Mm... not blown away by y'alls concerns.   

KBED min was  80

KOWD min was 81

Ya right NOW seems nothing unusual given MHT, BED, OWD

at 8 A.M. I saw 87 on w.u with 3 sites within 5 miles at 86

ORH and BOS usually both stick out to me on plots but maybe they are off this year, like Boire Apt has a dewpoint issue as well.

Big heat made it across the border to the maritimes. Western Head, NS hit 35.7c (96f). That’s an all time record for that station and probably a top five all time high for any station in the province. About as warm as it can get around here. Hit 91f at my place. Dews in upper 60’s so quite humid.

• Like 2

Hm. The cloud observation in the satellite is a different beast than yesterday to my perception. 

Yesterday had a lot of mid and upper level categorical ceiling types mashed up ... Whereas this appears to be caused by moving elevated DP air ...back into the slight DP loss we observed regionally overnight... It's also up and over elevations out west. It's currently 77 DP NW of NYC and I believe with that SW wind moving that initially back over the Berks we are seeing a bit of up slope - it may end up more broken/partly once it gets east of middle zones.  But also, doesn't appear to be back built nearly as pervasive after 1/2 hour tops in a given location. Yesterday ...stole 2 to 3 hours of heating away - and we still made 97 at the typicals.

Could be wrong... But watching the morphology of that fast coalescence/decay behavior ..that's typical of transient orographic effect ... it may not 'block' the insolation in the same way.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

376C33F1-2389-41B4-B58A-BA13045A4896.thumb.jpeg.b8866c61e04142c76acca0720d43cd15.jpeg

Can we push those clouds down to the coast please? I'm helping a friend move out of a third floor, no a/c apartment today and I don't feel like dying just yet (although by this afternoon I'll secretly be praying for the cool, refreshing dark of the tomb).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Big heat made it across the border to the maritimes. Western Head, NS hit 35.7c (96f). That’s an all time record for that station and probably a top five all time high for any station in the province. About as warm as it can get around here. Hit 91f at my place. Dews in upper 60’s so quite humid.

Wow...that is impressive!