Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

10PM BOS-91.   Should be an astronomical launch tomorrow.  Hoping we get a downslope dew drop to achieve 100 so I can get it out MFA my system for this year....

I’m sorry....MFA?  Also high dews aside I always chuckle a little bit when people here get excited to reach 100.....I don’t say much cuz I get it but out in the Wild Wild West 100 is easily achievable several times per season....ya ya I get that it may be tougher here with the higher dews so ya there’s merit there.....honestly reaching 100 here is like downright fukin awful....lol....at least out west after hitting 106 you get to cool down to 68 with the lower dews....will never get acclimated to high dews....my body can’t do it....I’m an AC whore lol

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

I’m sorry....MFA?  Also high dews aside I always chuckle a little bit when people here get excited to reach 100.....I don’t say much cuz I get it but out in the Wild Wild West 100 is easily achievable several times per season....ya ya I get that it may be tougher here with the higher dews so ya there’s merit there.....honestly reaching 100 here is like downright fukin awful....lol....at least out west after hitting 106 you get to cool down to 68 with the lower dews....will never get acclimated to high dews....my body can’t do it....I’m an AC whore lol

A friend of mine who grew up in Eastern MA but now resides in Cali was visiting her parents this week. She was so shocked by the dews. She couldn’t recall it being like this 15 years+ ago.       I reminded her of 1988.  Nothing new.  

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I still haven't picked a tomato yet. Latest I can ever remember down here 

I haven’t picked any yet here, But I’m later then down your way but gardens are late this year in general for those that plant in ground because of a wet spring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A friend of mine who grew up in Eastern MA but now resides in Cali was visiting her parents this week. She was so shocked by the dews. She couldn’t recall it being like this 15 years+ ago.       I reminded her of 1988.  Nothing new.  

She got used to the fresh feel of 102/55.....it’s so amazing it cleanses all of the awful memories of days and days of banana hammocks and the drip.....it’s so awful you just have to wipe that from your memory.....

• Like 1

We’re in Dover DE tonight on our way back from OBX where we spent last week on vacation....awesome time but even they were saying how hot it was.....packing the car last night at 11pm was so awful.....there was a breeze but it was like a shower sideways.....how on earth did people even exist out here - and down there - before AC.....it’s unfathomable.....lol

5 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

83.0° F high today, which is my max so far this year. The big story with this airmass is the dews, just awful! Topped out at 77° F on my Davis. :angry:

Down to 66.8° F after 0.10" of rain from convection, so no > 70° F minimum today despite having a "low" of 71.5° F last night. 

Those dews those.

44 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Fukking fill in.  MFA=my

• Like 1

Yesterday, Boston had a low temperature of 80°. That is only the 11th such minimum temperature on record for Boston. Records go back to 1872.

The frequency of such minimum temperatures has increased in recent decades and 45%of such days have occurred from 2000 and afterward:

1970s: 2 days
1980s: 0 days
1990s: 2 days
2000s: 1 day
2010s: 4 days

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Yesterday, Boston had a low temperature of 80°. That is only the 11th such minimum temperature on record for Boston. Records go back to 1872.

The frequency of such minimum temperatures has increased in recent decades and 45%of such days have occurred from 2000 and afterward:

1970s: 2 days
1980s: 0 days
1990s: 2 days
2000s: 1 day
2010s: 4 days

I'm leery of percentages on an 'n' of 11.