• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

Some precipitation - it was a thunderstorm before it got to me - just passed by to my North. I'm curious if anyone can explain to me (a) why this developed and (b) why it was not forecast? 

I love thunderstorms and have tried to pay attention to when they form over the years. To me, the air seems "ripe" for a storm, but my more recent knowledge says that those two variables are not all it takes for a storm to form.

Can high heat and humidity create instability?

Can anyone help me understand why I am seeing things pop on radar now? I'm east-southeast of Attleboro, MA.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You must be at waters edge.   Falmouth reporting 79/73

N Falmouth which is right on Buzzards Bay.   I'm about 1/3mi from the water.   Falmouth proper is not on the bay itself so a lot more land interaction on a W wind. But yeah, I'm just going by what the thermometer says. 

10 minutes ago, radarman said:

Also, the veggies are going off like fireworks.  Get your tomatoes, corn, summeh squashes, chard, kale, red onions, early garlic, new potatoes, blueberries, raspberries, etc, etc.  BLTs simply cannot be beat this time of year.

Garden gone wild here, Cukes, Peppers, Strawberries, Broccoli, Cauliflower all being harvested ATT.

• Like 1