• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

As much as I’d like to head to a lake or some other refreshingly cool spot, I’ve been laid low by the dreaded summer cold. Having a cold in the summer is so much worse than in the winter. Sore throat, congested chest and sinuses suck but not feeling like getting off the couch and doing anything is the worse. Starting to come out of it so maybe I can salvage part of tomorrow or Sunday. :fever:

BOX going pretty aggressive here.

Saturday
Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 102. Heat index values as high as 108. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 79. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 103. Heat index values as high as 113. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Probably be 90+ there tomorrow and Sunday 

Yeah,  not with a steady SW breeze coming across Buzzards Bay. Maybe inland a few miles but I grew up down here and 90 is a rarity.  Pretty foggy right now too. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With no ac in the cottage , Pony O’s stuck to azz cheeks while sleeping/ sitting 

I'll cheers you while I'm sipping an IPA at Old Silver Beach.   There's a/c I ain't installing though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah,  not with a steady SW breeze coming across Buzzards Bay. Maybe inland a few miles but I grew up down here and 90 is a rarity.  Pretty foggy right now too. 

I'll cheers you while I'm sipping an IPA at Old Silver Beach.   There's a/c I ain't installing though. 

Winds will be more westerly tomorrow.  Even CHH has 90 in machine numbers as does every other cape station.  Hot Saturday saw ACK hot 100.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

The 18z NAM  whacked about 3°C off the T1 temperatures all up and down the eastern seaboard Philadelphia New York and Boston for tomorrow ... interesting… Not sure how to atone for that. Maybe something in the initialization or something who knows