Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-July Heat Wave

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Gonna get outflowed again tomorrow, temps predictably underperforming but dp pooling has been tops.

The 3 km NAM actually brings it through in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  Doesn't really have support but you never know.

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Was outside a little while ago and it actually didn't feel quite as oppressive as I thought it would.  I think the wind helps the comfort level to some extent.  You put 90/80 in calm conditions and that is going to have a different feel, which is what that WBGT index or whatever it was called that LOT posted about the other day was factoring in.

Stay safe.

Working in this sucks, but today isn’t as awful here as forecasted really. Still hot of course. Regardless, good thing I bought a house earlier this year that has a pool. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

NegativeEPO isn't gonna like this

Highs:  

ORD:  92

PWK:  94

MDW:  95

And it's not like dews were running super high at ORD either to explain the  cooler temps.  

There were a few 93 obs at ORD after the cutoff time for the afternoon climate report, so the high could be 93 if they weren't rounded.  

16 hours ago, zinski1990 said:

I saw a dew point of 86 in lower Michigan. Dont really know if it's legit but still crazy

It's not legit. Some of the ASOSs which are not 1st order stations have erroneously high wet bulb temperatures in moist air masses. But the Monroe (TTF) sensor has been off for quite some time, so it predictably had dew points in the mid 80s yesterday.

DTW soared to a season high of 94, dewpoint 77, before thunderstorms around 3pm cooled temps into the 70s for the rest of the day.

12 minutes ago, zinski1990 said:

It wasnt Monroe. I know theirs was high all day too. I believe I saw it in central lower Mich south of Lansing. Probably was another sensor that was off

Just came to edit my post but you beat me to it lol. The 86゚ dewpoint was Marshall. I am not familiar with that station so I cannot say, but I am familiar with Monroe. There was one day I think a week ago or so that Monroe had dewpoints touching 80 when every other station was below 70. To be honest I kept checking the Monroe dewpoint yesterday just to see how high it would go lol, knowing it is not correct, and I expected higher than its peak of 85゚. The highest "official" dewpoints at the nearest first order stations to Monroe were 78° at Toledo and 77° Detroit.  Still, I have a very hard time believing that Marshall dewpoint. Whenever a station is many degrees higher than anywhere surrounding it, it's a red flag.  The closest stations to Marshall- Battle Creek Kellogg, Battle Creek/Kalamazoo, and Jackson, had peak dewpoints of 79, 80, and 79.

Any take on how far south the outflow up north is gonna get?

Late response, but it ended up making it to about where I thought it would...Through the metro due to the lake enhancement, but not much farther than that.

Luckily it moved through very early, and was able to wash our fairly quickly earlier this morning. Cirrus debris from the overnight MCS has cleared the area as well. However, cirrus from the MN/IA/WI could possibly become an issue in a few hours.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Late response, but it ended up making it to about where I thought it would...Through the metro due to the lake enhancement, but not much farther than that.

Luckily it moved through very early, and was able to wash our fairly quickly earlier this morning. Cirrus debris from the overnight MCS has cleared the area as well. However, cirrus from the MN/IA/WI could possibly become an issue in a few hours.

Most of the guidance struggled with the southern extent of the outflow boundary, insisting it would stay north of the IL/WI border even on runs from last night.  The 3 km NAM and I think 1 other CAM brought it farther south, but ended up being too aggressive.