• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
Tarheel17

July 2019 OBS

Was looking forward to today's 70% chance of rain - until they lowered it to 30%. That's hard to get excited about.

An interesting tidbit.  On July 4th, KFAY tied a record high temp (98 F) and set rain record (2.80") in the same day.  That duo has got to be relatively rare occurance.

• Like 1

Havent had any single rain event with more than .10 since I had that big storm back in June. This is my 3rd day with 60% pops that I have seen nothing. Only thing getting near me are a few sprinkles and they're drying up.

Currently 62 and clear. Supposed to drop to 52 by morning. Yep, not in New Bern now. I am in Watertown, NY for the week.

1 hour ago, SENC said:

Interesting picture outta Nags Head.. Today.. 

hatteris.JPG

Alex is known on the OBX for his photo 'enhancements'.

0.68" from 2 noontime Tshowers. Nothing fell during the preferred "mainly after 5PM" timeframe.

Morning everyone, first-time poster here! I've followed this site for years and have been a weather junkie my whole life. I grew up in the Raleigh area but attended high school in DC before going to Clemson University. I then worked in the Greensboro area for a few years before moving to Charlotte for several years and, recently, I purchased a house and am back home in Raleigh (North Hills area). In other words, I have seen a lot of our local climates and this site has been an excellent source of information for me for all weather events across the sub-forum. I have greatly enjoyed all the posters here and hope I can help contribute as well.

For a report: It got down to a "cool" 73 imby last night and is bone-dry. We have been between storms since the big one that hit the 5-points area through this "wet" period, without a single measurable rainfall (aside from a few token raindrops each day). Saw NWS backed off our chances for rain today from 70% yesterday to 40% today. Still showing 60% tonight and we need it badly. My yard looks has taken on that "mid summer" look. Hope today breaks that trend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Morning everyone, first-time poster here!

Welcome. I look forward to your input.

• Like 1

Currently a miserable 94/75. Got fringed by the earlier storm and still no measurable rain. Hi-res models did well with main coverage area south and east of here. Hoping the boundary up north makes it here during daylight so we can squeeze something out of these 3 straight days of 60% rain chances and 0.00! 

About the most miserable walk to work this morning I have ever experienced.

78 degrees with a dewpoint of 73 at 8 am meant that I showed up to work ready for another shower.

73/69 atm. Picked up a TR of rain with the storms last night. Petered out over my neighborhood only to blossom over downtown. Dry next couple days but models look to bring some afternoon storms back late week

High of 87 yesterday with a Low of 69 last night. First night dropping into the 60's in some time. Somewhat lower humidity too, I'll take it after the last few weeks. Looks to be short lived 

14th straight day of 90+ at my house and while some other areas around town have had a good shower or two over the past two weeks I've only registered 0.19" of rain during that time.  Low this morning was 75 - yech.

Made off with an incredible 0.01" of rain with distant thunder in Mooresville today. The summer has been absolutely dreadful for storms here.  

0.63" from the storm today.  Meh.  Better than nothing though.  1.44" for the week, hoping for some more tomorrow.

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Thunder all night for like 8 hours. Tons of rain to. Didnt see that coming.

same here - had about 3.5" of rain with a huge electrical storm.  I thought it was interesting, as I watched laying on the floor between my terrified dogs lol